Longhorn Legacy Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

I sold a yearling longhorn bull the other day for .85 lb
would have done allright if he was 100,000 lb but only netted me 382 bucks. Should have waited for Ft. Worth Ha-Ha????
( The longhorn brings a little more in TX. than OK. and I dont know why)
Mac

In my opinion, many of these ridiculous prices are contrivied..for the advertising... You know.. Rancher 1 talks with his buddy Rancher 2 before the sale.. and agreement is made... the money is not real, the sale may or may not really occur, and if it does not at the "sale" price..but Ranchers 1 and 2 get alot of press as does the breed. :roll:

bwflonghorns":3mupfeis said:
In my opinion, many of these ridiculous prices are contrivied..for the advertising... You know.. Rancher 1 talks with his buddy Rancher 2 before the sale.. and agreement is made... the money is not real, the sale may or may not really occur, and if it does not at the "sale" price..but Ranchers 1 and 2 get alot of press as does the breed. :roll:

This is probably truer than not... Lot of "buy-sell" on paper, the ledger sheet, among the "good ole boys"... On the other hand, in some cases may actually be real touchable $$ that are paid...

Game... oneupmanship... ego-enhancing... and a lot of other stuff...

;-)

bwflonghorns":19qlbgsd said:

ding ding ding... i think you hit it on the nose.