longhorn cows

Help Support CattleToday:

LibraryLady

Reaction score
I'm a librarian in Northwest Missouri. One of our patrons has 55 bred longhorn cows. All good milkers and great moms. But he is having trouble finding a market for them. Unfortunately we don't have any materials here at the library to help him, so I thought I'd post a message with the experts. Any suggestions??

Like stated above, the TLBAA can help out a lot.

Texas Longhorn Breeders Association of America (TLBAA)
2315 N. Main St.#402
Ft. Worth, TX 7616
http://www.tlbaa.org
(817)635-6241

They can get him in contact with other local breeders and let him know about Longhorn events in his area.

Ryan

The TLBAA is a Texas Longhorn registry. However, they can help him even if they are not registered. They can help him find a local market, or advise him on what might be the best way to market his animals. Plus, by getting him in contact with other breeders in the area, he can work with them to expand his market.

Ryan

WOW! Ryan you have got to have one of the coolest web sites I have seen yet! Do you mind letting me in on who put it together for you?

S.R.R.":2lzz1ct5 said:
WOW! Ryan you have got to have one of the coolest web sites I have seen yet! Do you mind letting me in on who put it together for you?

Thanks for the compliments.

The owner of the ranch I work for owns a car dealership in Ft. Worth, TX. He has 2 gentlemen that maintain a website and do all the advertisements for the dealership. He had them create our website based on the same platform as the car dealership. This way they do all the creative stuff and I can easily update, add or delete animals from the website. If you go to http://www.shopautobahn.com you can see the similarities between that site and ours http://www.shopsanddollarranch.com

Ryan

Awesome website and outstanding cattle Ryan! I'm used to seeing longhorns that are small/skrawny/boney-definitely nothing like your animals. Thanks for showing me what quality LH cattle should look like!

mgman":3czd0obz said:
Awesome website and outstanding cattle Ryan! I'm used to seeing longhorns that are small/skrawny/boney-definitely nothing like your animals. Thanks for showing me what quality LH cattle should look like!

Thank you very much for your comments. We try our best to produce the highest quality Texas Longhorn cattle we can. We believe the stereotype of the "small/skrawny/boney" Texas Longhorns is not a good one for the breed.

Rayn

We also try to produce the heavier bodied cattle as well as trying to increase our horn lengths at the same time. Our herd sires and dams are from the larger type bull lineages and we are trying to continually improve our stock. Being in the Texas Panhandle where many of the ranchers still consider Longhorns to be "useless, skinny, bony cattle", we are trying to educate them to the current concept of what a LH animal should look like.

We keep our photos of our herd updated on our website.

Also, the International Texas Longhorn Association (ITLA) can also be of assistance to a breeder. TLBAA is not the only Association (we are a member of both).

Latest posts