Longhorn cattle age

Help Support CattleToday:

Hey Dyann, apologize to all these wonderful Angus guys and gals. If you are objective you know darn well that theirs is the only breed in the country, and probably the world, that has had any genetic improvement in the last century. If you think otherwise you are wrong, just ask those Angus people and they will can confirm it! They are constantly making quantum leap type improvements in the breed and pretty soon they will have calves that 205 day wean at 1,100 pounds on lousy forage, that can then go on feed for only two weeks and then can be slaughtered at 1,400 pounds, and they will all grade Prime and will yield grade #1. And rumor has it that they have it down to such a fine art that soon their cows will give full term birth after only a 6 month gestation period. There are many other magnificent developments soon to be made known to the public by the Angus promotion machine. Can you honestly blame them for being arrogant? One thing I can't quite figure out though, and that is after they convert all the cattlemen and women to their way of thinking and to their breed, who in the hell is going to pay them all those "premiums" that they love to brag about? All USA cattle will literally be the same! I guess the next step will be to make all those idiots in Europe and other lands understand that the only beef worth raising & worth eating is Angus. You better wake up and get with the program Dyann, and climb aboard the Angus bandwagon because they have a very well funded and effective promotion department to go along with what even I believe is a generally good product.

Anonymous":5r042cki said:
Hey Dyann, apologize to all these wonderful Angus guys and gals. If you are objective you know darn well that theirs is the only breed in the country, and probably the world, that has had any genetic improvement in the last century. If you think otherwise you are wrong, just ask those Angus people and they will can confirm it! They are constantly making quantum leap type improvements in the breed and pretty soon they will have calves that 205 day wean at 1,100 pounds on lousy forage, that can then go on feed for only two weeks and then can be slaughtered at 1,400 pounds, and they will all grade Prime and will yield grade #1. And rumor has it that they have it down to such a fine art that soon their cows will give full term birth after only a 6 month gestation period. There are many other magnificent developments soon to be made known to the public by the Angus promotion machine. Can you honestly blame them for being arrogant? One thing I can't quite figure out though, and that is after they convert all the cattlemen and women to their way of thinking and to their breed, who in the hell is going to pay them all those "premiums" that they love to brag about? All USA cattle will literally be the same! I guess the next step will be to make all those idiots in Europe and other lands understand that the only beef worth raising & worth eating is Angus. You better wake up and get with the program Dyann, and climb aboard the Angus bandwagon because they have a very well funded and effective promotion department to go along with what even I believe is a generally good product.

I wonder who this GUEST is. Really. It is nice to see that you believe that the ANGUS have a generallY SUPERIOR product. In your language "Good
Equates to Superior." Now Discussion Closed.
Thank you

Hey DR ... I think it happens because so many cattle producers use medicated feed.. When I first moved here 5 years ago, I had a hard time finding feed that was not medicated. .. no kidding. Jeez!

Latest posts