Long Yearlings

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I spent my day spraying fence lines at the home place. The problem with this job is that we develop all our bulls at the home place. Bulls being bulls and having them in different pastures means they stand at the fence and dig hole while telling the bulls in the next field how big and bad they are. So spraying fence is an adventure, a very bumpy adventure.

We will bring 19 weaned bull caves to the home place in the next couple of weeks, then we have 6 going to the Florida Bull Test, 4 going to the North Alabama Bull Test and 5 going to the Southern Excellence Bull Development bull sale. I tried to get some photos today of the young bulls but made the mistake of driving out into the pasture in the gator. They all have nose trouble and came running to see what I was doing. It is really hard to get photos when they are in a wad.

So I gave up on that project and went back to the house and sprayed. The long yearling bulls weren't much more cooperative but I did manage a few photos.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend. Thanks to all those that have served!

gizmom

Diana55

The B68 bull is out of Sinclair Rito 9R9 a bull we purchased as a yearling from Sinclair Cattle Company. The 9R9 bull did up an excellent job he was a son of Rito Revolve OR5 and Sinclair Lady Ida 6PV1 04F3. His dam is Gizmo Lucy 1119 6149 we purchased this youn cows dam because we like the genetic makeup she was Thomas Lucy 1303 an 8180 daughter, her sire was Coleman EXT 6149 a bull we purchased at a dispersal sale after seeing his flush sisters working in the Coleman herd. Probably the best purchase we have made, his daughters are everything we had hoped for.

The bull out front is 6149 the one in back is 9R9

Gizmom

We have the same pockmarked fence lines around the house. When I mow the lawn the gals will watch me. They must like the smell.

I found a way to stop that
Seems they have certain spots they like to dig I just put down a couple cattle panels. Mine don't like stepping on it. If he starts at a new spot just drag it down to the next one with the mule.
My current bull is the worst I have owned for digging.
It shuts him down.

I guess it's not just a 'shorthorn thing' ;)

6149 is some kind of long.. looks like he needs an extra pair of legs under that belly... 9R9 looks good from what I can see of him, but B68 looks much better from the side than from the back though he's well hung. (IMHO)

Thanks, they are coming along pretty good they should be pretty stout by The time their two year olds. Looks like we will only be sending 5 to the Florida bull test DNA came back and two calves I thought were ET calves turned out to be out of the recips and one of them was earmarked for the Florida test. He is a really nice commercial calf out of our 9R9 bull, now he gets to be a nice steer.

Gizmom

That's sure a bummer about the DNA results on those calves. Of course it's always the nice ones that stuff like that happens with...