long lady

Help Support CattleToday:

glacierridge

Reaction score
This was my first animal I purchased.
She sure as he!! looked a lot flashier as a yearling when I got her...

But all in all, I don't think she's the worst critter out there.
I don't like the dip behind her shoulders and her weak pasterns, but I like that she's an excellent mother. She's expecting her third any day and she will first be three in August. I feel like her first pregnancy with twins while she was still growing and developing herself, didn't help those weak points on her at all. They were pretty good sized calves for her, about 50-55 each.

What are everyone else's thoughts?

IMG_20130620_203145_zpsa1c11c22.jpg

IMG_20130620_203310_zps4cf8fd91.jpg

She's nice glaceridge. Her pasterns look fine and the dip behind her shoulders isn't that noticeable. Many cows have a little dip like that.

I think she was about 900 when she was bred. Can't remember exactly. And yeah inyati, she does have a lot of character. She isn't the biggest cow in the pasture, but she doesn't let anyone push her around. Even when she was 1300# and 8 months along with the twins last year.

Nice cow and calf. If you are worried about her pasterns you are looking for something to worry over. The shoulder points are not real bad but more concern than the pasterns for sure. I would pick something else to fret over with either one for sure.

She looks fine to me. The shoulder can be balanced with correct breeding. Just do not ever breed her to a bull with the same defect.

Her pasterns are fine.

She is for sure way better than my first cow!

"Tootsie" as she became known... At about a month and a half, full of energy and stretching her frame, hoping she will be a little bigger than her dam, maybe like granddam.
Her full siblings went to the fair, attractive pair, so hopefully she'll be awesome
IMG_20130804_202326_zps5d99b06f.jpg

Latest posts