Long haul truckers future looks dim..........

Help Support CattleToday:

Farm Fence Solutions":2ste3by7 said:
greybeard":2ste3by7 said:
Service industry bball..especially healthcare and mining.

And fencing. Every good fencer I know is months behind. Some are more than a year out. There will always be some jobs that will take manual labor, and that's where guys as dumb as me come in. ;-)
Think about that....Even you have pretty much mechanized the post hole digger. Evolution to your post driver. How many laborers has that put out of work to keep new fences semi affordable?

Farm Fence Solutions":k2cqwyt4 said:
greybeard":k2cqwyt4 said:

And fencing. Every good fencer I know is months behind. Some are more than a year out. There will always be some jobs that will take manual labor, and that's where guys as dumb as me come in. ;-)

Very hard to get contractors here. Does not seem that young people are interested in trades.

I realize that pilots have less work to do in the cockpit than years before, when I get on a airplane it is still good to see a flight crew, they are still watching over everything. In the case of a semi I still think you still have someone watching over it.

1982vett":31wkl6sk said:
Farm Fence Solutions":31wkl6sk said:
greybeard":31wkl6sk said:

Think about that....Even you have pretty much mechanized the post hole digger. Evolution to your post driver. How many laborers has that put out of work to keep new fences semi affordable?

In my situation, the refinement of my equipment was dictated by the lack of available labor. My last full timer made better than $30 an hour, and I'd gladly pay another one the same. Nobody wants the job, and it's not without reason. I'm hoping to get a few more years out of my body before it totally quits me. I'm to the point in my career where it's time to cash in on what I've learned, and all the equipment I've paid for.

True Grit Farms":zum2ne22 said:
There's not a problem in the world that population control can't fix. Just no money in that kind of thinking, we're going breed our way into poverty and possibly extinction.

With the CDC cutbacks and fiascos, and lack of funding for infectious disease research, a hemorraghic fever disease will luckily take us all out before we starve. :)

Seriously, kinda agree with you about population. Why are so many people anti-birth-control? I say put it in the water. (J/k. Mostly).

boondocks":3lkrtypn said:
True Grit Farms":3lkrtypn said:
There's not a problem in the world that population control can't fix. Just no money in that kind of thinking, we're going breed our way into poverty and possibly extinction.

With the CDC cutbacks and fiascos, and lack of funding for infectious disease research, a hemorraghic fever disease will luckily take us all out before we starve. :)

Seriously, kinda agree with you about population. Why are so many people anti-birth-control? I say put it in the water. (J/k. Mostly).
Might want check up on potential consequences for all women not to mention men from consuming this stuff in unmeasured quantities everyday. Might as well be slipping arsenic in the water for some. Just keep your legs together and let others worry about theirs.

TexasBred":2u7mskci said:
[
Might want check up on potential consequences for all women not to mention men from consuming this stuff in unmeasured quantities everyday. Might as well be slipping arsenic in the water for some. Just keep your legs together and let others worry about theirs.

Well, there's lots of different methods of BC. The one you mention (abstinence) doesn't seem to be working that well. The schools that teach "abstinence-only" birth control have the highest rates of teen pregnancy.

If we could find a way to do a truly-temporary vasectomy, we could give them (voluntarily! no duress!) to all males at age 18. (I'd say 15 or 16 but 18 is probably the age of legit consent). Maybe give them a grand for each year they don't father a kid until age 25? :hide:

boondocks":e9w60ewa said:
TexasBred":e9w60ewa said:
[

Well, there's lots of different methods of BC. The one you mention (abstinence) doesn't seem to be working that well. The schools that teach "abstinence-only" birth control have the highest rates of teen pregnancy.

If we could find a way to do a truly-temporary vasectomy, we could give them (voluntarily! no duress!) to all males at age 18. (I'd say 15 or 16 but 18 is probably the age of legit consent). Maybe give them a grand for each year they don't father a kid until age 25? :hide:
I like a one time payment of $10,000 or $20,0000 dollars to anyone that permanently gets fixed, no reversals.

I don't think it will be long before Walmart and other corporations will have self driving trucks, probably electric to boot. The idea and incentive is there.

boondocks":2wmoeyz1 said:
TexasBred":2wmoeyz1 said:
[

So you want the male to take all the responsibility. Let's put fertile Myrtle on birth control too??