Logic, Not Politically Correct, and Curiosities

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
In some of my "off brain" moments I had some not so PC thoughts... :roll:

Heard one time that aliens actually propagated the Earth to start another colony...

When ancient societies ended up with too many people to support with jobs, the Kings just decided to build pyramids and other edifices to honor themselves (solves unemployment issues)...

Given ancient technology and physical limitations on humans, aliens must have built the pyramids and Stonehedge...

In the Christian Bible (and related pictures) Jesus is always depicted as white, physically fit, and good looking...wasn't Jesus said to be born in the Middle East (not exactly "white" genetics)...

President Roosevelt established the "Works Progress Program" (WPA) after the Great Depression...created a lot of lasting community and other infrastructures and solved a lot of unemployment...think we need something like this again...

Adam and Eve were depicted as being in the "Lush Garden of Eden"...must have been in Polynesia or South America jungles...

If technology is "constantly improving by astronomical rates", then why are our computers, cell phones, and kitchen appliances always breaking down or not constantly working?

IMO, there was nothing wrong with Windows XP...worked fine...then Microsoft decided to "fix" something that was not broken: Vista, Windows 7, Now Windows 8 and 9 are in the works...am I missing something here?

If Adam and Eve were the only 2 humans to start the human race, then how did all those other countries end up with people of different colors, eyes, etc...Aliens must have beamed them to other continents after propagating a few breeding stock in one place...

If the World Religions were so "religious" and correct...then why did the religions constantly declare war on, kill other groups outside their belief system...now we have Jihad and stuff... (probably power, greed, control issues...)

How long would it take Adam and Eve to propagate and multiply the world (given probable short lifespans, disease, and accidents/injuries in those early time)...must have been some incest going on among offspring... my bad...

If America is so far "advanced" why then is the official and primary language "English"...other countries have citizens that speak more than one language, have very high technology, scientists, and are making most of the USA products (I know...money).

The "Republic of Texas" has everything we need: Money, oil, gas, meat, vegetables, grains, transportation, military, health services, right to own and use guns, education (?), manufacturing, no State Income Tax, etc... Time to succeed (sp) again?

Off my bizarre comments now...LOL! :cboy:

secede is the correct spelling but succeed is a wonderful way to put it :D

I think, people with common sense, do wonder these things and more. Windows XP still works great. Good enough to discourage one from ever getting a new computer (though I've been assured Windows 7 is good - anyone here can confirm that?)
For some reason, I got the impression that right beyond the gate to the Garden of Eden is barren desert. So it's a part of the world where lush plants and barren soil is side by side, like a 'rain barrier' mountain and it's warm enough to wear no clothes 100% of the time.

What the area believed to be the garden of Eden is now is not likely what it was back then. There was a time that the entire middle east, African continent was a lush land unlike it is today.
A good example is the island of Haiti and Dominican republic. Pull it up on google earth and see the difference that a simple border can make in the land. Desolation and dire sh*t hole on one side, lush green land on the other.
Only difference is the way the land is cared for.

regolith":23meyw8w said:
secede is the correct spelling but succeed is a wonderful way to put it :D

I think, people with common sense, do wonder these things and more. Windows XP still works great. Good enough to discourage one from ever getting a new computer (though I've been assured Windows 7 is good - anyone here can confirm that?)
For some reason, I got the impression that right beyond the gate to the Garden of Eden is barren desert. So it's a part of the world where lush plants and barren soil is side by side, like a 'rain barrier' mountain and it's warm enough to wear no clothes 100% of the time.

IMO Windows 7 is a piece of shyte! Several months ago my PC with Windows XP died. Was able to download files & documents onto a USB Thumnail. Loaded onto my new computer with Windows 7. As such, none of my Word Perfect documents would allow me to edit, save, print with the W7 WP software it came with. Until we and/or a computer hack can figure out how to restore my files so they actually work and I don't lose hundreds of pages of documents...fortunately, I already had hardcopies of a FEW documents.

NOW...being on Hughes Net Satellite service, having serious web loading problems, lost all my e-mail parameters. Neither Hughes or E-Mail provider could "fix" the problem...they always blame it on ME. We're investigating another ISP service, probably a wireless link (wife has one that works fine on her laptop). IMO...when we started with DirecWay (now Hughes), it was great. Slowly it has gone downhill and I don't recommend it to anyone now!

JMO...

I always enjoy your "off brain" moments, Bill. Have plenty myself. Just this morning I was in the grocery store and noticed the Pam cooking spray. They have a bunch of different "flavors" now, I guess. One was marked "ORIGINAL" and up at the top it said "New Improved Formula". How can it be both?

I still have Windows XP and It serves me just fine. I've never been one to rush out and get the next, best, newest thing as long as the old thing is still doing what I want it to do.

As for secession, I wouldn't get your hopes up. It makes for an interesting discussion but it ain't gonna happen. And even if it did, no one will ever convince me that Texas, or any other state, would be better off in the long run. No state can ever be totally self sustaining in this day and age. Better to remain a part of the best country in the world.

Running Arrow Bill":7d6o63v2 said:
If America is so far "advanced" why then is the official and primary language "English"...other countries have citizens that speak more than one language This is leading to the down fall of the European society. Multiculturalism is destroying these countries piece by piece. If the Europeans don't stand up for their belief in country and their faith in the Almighty God then they will be staring the caliphate in the face!, have very high technology, scientists, and are making most of the USA products All went to college here in the good US of A.(I know...money).
:deadhorse:

I know what you mean Bill, I've been trying to figure out how to nail jello to my living room wall.

Isomade":hgsf7c79 said:
I know what you mean Bill, I've been trying to figure out how to nail jello to my living room wall.

Someone in another thread had jello shoes, did you notice?

I find it helpful to know other languages; english is my third language, and i would not participate on CT if I had to pick only one language.

circlew":19c4o916 said:
Running Arrow Bill":19c4o916 said:
If America is so far "advanced" why then is the official and primary language "English"...other countries have citizens that speak more than one language This is leading to the down fall of the European society. Multiculturalism is destroying these countries piece by piece. If the Europeans don't stand up for their belief in country and their faith in the Almighty God then they will be staring the caliphate in the face!, have very high technology, scientists, and are making most of the USA products All went to college here in the good US of A.(I know...money).
:deadhorse:

You need to get out more!

ANAZAZI":t95b4jnm said:
I find it helpful to know other languages; english is my third language, and i would not participate on CT if I had to pick only one language.

Learning others languages is a nessary thing in today's world. What I'm talking about is when a group of people come into your country and say you will speak this language now because we are here now.

Last night I was watching a TV special with Steven Hawking (a world renound theoretical astrophysicist, for those not familiar with his theories).

He was discussing God and basically disclaimed God's existance.

Given that, he discussed the "Big Bang" theory and a minute particle that "created" the Universe.

My question is, then, here's an analogy: If there was a "particle" responsible (imagine a marble sized particle in a million gallon bucket), then what is the bucket and what is holding the bucket?? Guess this is what we call "unknown infinity"...

Guess humans will never know...not that it ultimately matters...

I asked a Catholic Priest one time "Is there really a Hadies"? He said "Hadies is the absence of God". Then, there is the Protestant (aka Christian Bible) that fire and brimstone will punish all sinners in Hadies for ever, ad infinitum...

Deep stuff...I need more coffee this morning... :bang:

Running Arrow Bill":2byh2iqa said:
Last night I was watching a TV special with Steven Hawking (a world renound theoretical astrophysicist, for those not familiar with his theories).

He was discussing God and basically disclaimed God's existance.

Deep stuff...I need more coffee this morning... :bang:
Now don't get me wrong, I set great store by book learning. But it appears to me this Hawking fellow has gone over the top. He seems to be educated beyond the limits of his intellect.

You have to have intelligence equal to or above that which you are able to figure out and understand.
I don't think many of us are equal to, much less above, the level of the Creator and his creation.

As for me,
"Everytime I touch a leaf, or see the sky, or hear a newborn baby cry, then I know why I believe".

And that's my say on the matter.

Science explains what can be explained in black and white. For everything else there is faith

Running Arrow Bill":3s79a780 said:
We're investigating another ISP service, probably a wireless link (wife has one that works fine on her laptop). ...

My daughter has a Sprint Broadband air card. She lives just south of Lelia Lake. She gets 4G service and has been pleased with it. She's had Sprint for over 4 years.

I will not learn to speak Spanish in the USA. Might have to try and learn Chinese if we don't change
the way our Goverment thinks." Beam me up Scottie, there's no intelligent life here"

Latest posts