Logan, Ohio & paranoia?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
What chaps me about news (????) reporting is the sensationalism at all costs. Reporting part of a story to get the sensation vs telling the WHOLE story.....like the news stand guy.....Extra Extra read all about it..........But that's the way it is and it ain't about to go away. So, you read stories from news sources on both sides and figure the truth is somewhere in the middle....other than hearing it from the "horses mouth" like I saw on C span the other day. After I watched the activity, saw/heard if first hand, I was wondering how it was going to appear in news broadcasts.

sstterry said:
ccr said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
I'm not too worried about hypotheticals involving the "Biden Presidency".

Can't imagine why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73KDtznNrC8&feature=youtu.be

You do know he was joking?

https://nypost.com/2020/09/27/joe-biden-jokes-that-he-began-senate-career-180-years-ago/

Some people believe any propaganda thrown at them. :roll:

I doubt he was joking. He has been saying stupid things so long Johnny Carson made fun of him on his show. The man is completely lost now.

ccr said:
sstterry said:

He jokes a lot.
https://youtu.be/f3vF8WvJT_4?t=5
Politicians misspeak. If saying "million" instead of "thousand" at a podium disqualifies someone from the presidency, I'm not sure there's a person alive who could survive the campaign trail. Trump has had his share of gaffes, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgUf1mJPqcY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJQ9hknvaQM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOeWF0ZTi3s

ccr said:
sstterry said:

He jokes a lot.
https://youtu.be/f3vF8WvJT_4?t=5

This isn't what I saw on C span. What I saw/heard was the results of bipartisan agreement of the Senate health (forget the official title) committee's criteria for acceptance of a valid virus vaccine. The result was that the determination would be made by Medical Professionals (forget the exact name, Medical Physists comes to mind, of proper authority, currently employees of the department, as to what is a releasable vaccine, not the White House.....that point was made very cleart. Other comments had to do with the volume of medicine that is in work (360 million doses as I recall) for release in the not too distant future. Seems that the US has 4 pill makers on constant standby for immediate response to health problems. That's pretty neat, because the infrastructure and employees are in place for immediate response to a national health crisis....you don't have to start from scratch to develop the mechanism (employees and assets) and then start working on the problem. He did state that this "preparedness" takes taxpayers money and may be wasted if not needed, but it was worth the cost.....like national defense, no more catching the US with our pants down.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Like those who believe that the protests are caused by right wing groups? Yup, hard to comprehend why seemingly intelligent people fall for lies like that.

I feel sure that you would not fall for any lies from our politicians that lie for a living.

Dr. Atlas the latest doctor on the covid board believes in herd immunity. So if you had a sick cow would you let it stay in the herd if she had a contiguous disease. I think herd immunity is nothing but a catch phrase to keep from doing their job. I have some young great grand kids I would hate to lose trying to attain her immunity.

hurleyjd said:
Dr. Atlas the latest doctor on the covid board believes in herd immunity. So if you had a sick cow would you let it stay in the herd if she had a contiguous disease. I think herd immunity is nothing but a catch phrase to keep from doing their job. I have some young treat grand kids I would hate to lose trying to attain her immunity.

I assure you that in your cattle there is a great amount of herd immunity. You vaccinate for very few of the many diseases that affect them and yes when something weird and fatal does come along you isolate the sick but the rest continue to live on in harmony as they had before. Also very rarely even when left on their own will it wipe out an entire herd. I have small children of my own and can tell you the mental stress on them rivals any physical threat they face.

SmokinM said:
hurleyjd said:
Dr. Atlas the latest doctor on the covid board believes in herd immunity. So if you had a sick cow would you let it stay in the herd if she had a contiguous disease. I think herd immunity is nothing but a catch phrase to keep from doing their job. I have some young treat grand kids I would hate to lose trying to attain her immunity.

I assure you that in your cattle there is a great amount of herd immunity. You vaccinate for very few of the many diseases that affect them and yes when something weird and fatal does come along you isolate the sick but the rest continue to live on in harmony as they had before. Also very rarely even when left on their own will it wipe out an entire herd. I have small children of my own and can tell you the mental stress on them rivals any physical threat they face.
You need to put them in school and send them when they have a snotty nose. Maybe they will survive and maybe not but they may infect numerous other kids. You may home school and keep them away from every little thing. If so will they become immune. I do wear a mask and socially distance yea I know I am a wimp and would not want to catch the dreaded virus but I also do know that I could be a carrier and not aware of it. That is why I wear the mask and distance. Kids have to learn how to endure mental stress as well as physical stress. Just remember a lot of things that makes our life easier and safer is because of liberal polices enacted in the past. It really should not take a stable genius to see that. I avoid large crowds no bars or restaurant eating since the pandemic. Also no Church gathering as I do believe you are on your own in this life and without some creator protecting you. Could be there is a hereafter if so I suspect I will see a lot of the hypocrites where I will be.

Yes they should be in school. Yes people should keep home kids that are sick. Yes they could possibly catch Corona or one of the thousands of other viruses that exist in this world. Handling mental stress is an important life skill. So is facing fear or adverse conditions with reality and common sense. I am aware that that approach is beyond your grasp as common sense is not a skill you are familiar with and reality seems to be a struggle as well. Hide in a closet or social distance as long as you want this virus and all the others will be waiting patiently for you.Lock downs and masks are only a slower path to herd immunity. Vaccines are of limited effectiveness to a mutating virus like this. Herd immunity is where this ends just like most viruses.

Hope your grandkids stay safe just like I hope mine do but a life in hiding or cowering in fear is not a life at all.

I guess behaviors are different, but I haven't met anyone who is cowering in fear, they are just trying to follow procedures that they hope will be positive to the current situation. I've discovered that I apparently didn't get out anyway since I seem to be following procedures in my area, but I don't really notice much difference in my lifestyle.

SmokinM said:
Yes they should be in school. Yes people should keep home kids that are sick. Yes they could possibly catch Corona or one of the thousands of other viruses that exist in this world. Handling mental stress is an important life skill. So is facing fear or adverse conditions with reality and common sense. I am aware that that approach is beyond your grasp as common sense is not a skill you are familiar with and reality seems to be a struggle as well. Hide in a closet or social distance as long as you want this virus and all the others will be waiting patiently for you.Lock downs and masks are only a slower path to herd immunity. Vaccines are of limited effectiveness to a mutating virus like this. Herd immunity is where this ends just like most viruses.

Hope your grandkids stay safe just like I hope mine do but a life in hiding or cowering in fear is not a life at all.
I am amazed at the members on here that have to hide behind a made up name and not give a location. Look me up that is my name and location. You are aware of nothing and as far as common sense yes I do not have it common sense is for everyone that plays follow the leader. So maybe I have un-comnnon sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts