Locking threads

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
novatech":2zb7vf8s said:
I find it hard to beleive Jo's post was political enough to lock down when others blatantly advertise on the boards and nobody says a word. Like; could any body tell me how to market my Bla Bla Bla. But then I don't own these boards and I am not the judge.
Could be that the statement was so good that it covered all the bases and nobody could add anything better. After all they did let the post stay for everyone to read.
Could be there was one more post that locked it down that they in fact erased.

There was other funny stuff happening after Jo's post got locked. Someone with the name "youareright" or something like that was posting and it was being deleted as soon as it was posted. Myself having dial up and the connection sooo slow was unable to keep up and by the time I would get to the thread it had been deleted already. :lol2:

Like some have said, it is all entertainment.. ;-)

Well I have certainly had a couple of things locked but I didn't know Jo had. His replys have always been pretty much center or a little right.

Okay, here I am with my a$$ out here in the breeze, but the thing I noticed is that, although we are not supposed to be posting anything political, we, in fact do allow a lot of political stuff, as long as it is making fun of the Democratic party. I can't always say that my bretheren on the other side of the aisle have the same sense of humor when the Republicans are involved.

It may just be that Dem humor is so obvious and hard to ignore. We really ask for it sometimes.

Lammie":3mzvifif said:
Okay, here I am with my a$$ out here in the breeze, but the thing I noticed is that, although we are not supposed to be posting anything political, we, in fact do allow a lot of political stuff, as long as it is making fun of the Democratic party. I can't always say that my bretheren on the other side of the aisle have the same sense of humor when the Republicans are involved.

It may just be that Dem humor is so obvious and hard to ignore. We really ask for it sometimes.

Not much wind today. Breeze is pretty light. :D

I'd be obliged as a gentleman to offer you my chair on this side of the aisle. :D

Lammie":hhungmgj said:

Oh Lammie come on....don't tell me you're one of those Johnson County Yellow Dog Dems. :lol: :lol:

TexasBred":lkusd4p2 said:
Lammie":lkusd4p2 said:

Oh Lammie come on....don't tell me you're one of those Johnson County Yellow Dog Dems. :lol: :lol:

Yeppers! :cowboy: Although I find myself at a personal historic crossroads in my political life at the moment.

IMO the average Texas democrat tends to be pretty conservative. They tend to believe in gun rights, lowering taxes, individual rights, property rights, and the list goes on and on. The Austin Democrats are a different story though.

Walt

Lammie":19g7s04o said:

Lammie, Clinton finally threw in the towel and Obama picked it up an put it on his head.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :help:

curtis":tsjubbdc said:
Lammie":tsjubbdc said:

Lammie, Clinton finally threw in the towel and Obama picked it up an put it on his head.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :help:

That outa be my new signature!!!

I'm pretty conservative about a lot of stuff. I get moreso as I get older. Especially after I had kids!

backhoeboogie":k003wiir said:
KNERSIE":k003wiir said:
[
Ek verstaan wat jy sê, dit was die rede waarom ek dit geskryf het. Kom jou familie oorspronklik van Nederland?

Nederland is close to the Texas/Louisiana border. As for the rest of it, I don't have a clue! :shock: :shock:

Nope. Aint that in California where that Michael Jackson feller lures all them lil' boys to?

The Harley people came to Alvarado last month and I never heard a peep. Are they supposed to come back? We are a rough town, ya know. :D

I must admit that it is a rare occasion that I'm a loss for words but AB my innards are laughing so hard that you have left me speechless which is probably just where I need to be right now. So I bid you good night and touche'.

Angus/Brangus":2sgqfa7x said:
Lammie":2sgqfa7x said:
The Harley people came to Alvarado last month and I never heard a peep. Are they supposed to come back? We are a rough town, ya know. :D

Oh yea, real rough :lol2: July 17th - 20th. Jogee will be there to kick off the Osama rally. The winner gets free food stamps for a year regardless of employment or citizenship status. Jogee wants to host ;-) ( I AM messin with ya Jogee :lol2: )

Hey! That ralley isn't at the Homesteads! That ralley is at the Diamond W, right? That's all they have there anymore are swap meets and motorcycle ralleys. The Pioneer and Old Settler's Reunion is sometime in August. I manage to miss that one every year, too. I do not live here by choice. I married Alvarado when I married Steve.

Only one name comes to mind!

FRANKIE she is very handy at shutting down posts that offend HER or she disagrees with

oldmac":8gww3gv4 said:
Only one name comes to mind!

FRANKIE she is very handy at shutting down posts that offend HER or she disagrees with

Wow!

Should I assume that Frankie is one of the mysterious Moderators?

That aside, on a Sidebar:

Ok... IMO the "Real World" includes some politically incorrect opinions, a touch of profanity, and the use of words that can be either scientifically or medically correct OR used in an obscene manner. Those that "think" we are corrupting the minds of "the kids" probably haven't a clue as to what kids really are aware of and/or words they use in their everyday conversations (excluding of course those very negative & obscene comments to others).

Granted, the real world is getting more and more "liberal" (aka accepting of controversal issues, profanity, and other stuff). Just changing times. After all, the real world is not totally populated populated by the Amish, Quakers, and Bible Belt "born again, ultra-conservative, Christians".

On the other hand, "God Bless America!" and keep God in our Govenment, and on our Money..

Txwalt":3rb8njbj said:
IMO the average Texas democrat tends to be pretty conservative. They tend to believe in gun rights, lowering taxes, individual rights, property rights, and the list goes on and on. The Austin Democrats are a different story though.

Walt

True..but then they go vote for those that don't have t he same qualities just cause they're listed as Democrats...Heck this ain't a democracy.....it's a republic...."And to the republic for which it stands". In a true democracy the majority ALWAYS rules...if the majority vote to allow every 3rd born child to be killed then it is democracy at work and is absolutely legal. Republics have laws based on God's laws as well as a consititution.

TexasBred":2en41uei said:
Txwalt":2en41uei said:

Walt

True..but then they go vote for those that don't have t he same qualities just cause they're listed as Democrats...Heck this ain't a democracy.....it's a republic...."And to the republic for which it stands". In a true democracy the majority ALWAYS rules...if the majority vote to allow every 3rd born child to be killed then it is democracy at work and is absolutely legal. Republics have laws based on God's laws as well as a consititution.

We are a "Representative Republic", where we vote for our representatives to carry out government policy and procedure.

A true Democracy is simply "Mob Rule".

No matter where a Democrat is from, and when he votes "Democrat", he votes along with those that want to perpetuate feeding from the welfare trough.

In other words, "Please government, save us from ourselves and take care of us".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts