Locked??? What happened?

Help Support CattleToday:

gizmom":te32zmq7 said:
I guess I just don't understand how folks can get riled up enough to get banned. Maybe I just lack passion! I read through the locked thread and didn't see what was said that got it locked but confess I just scanned through it and could of missed something. I am an Angus breeder, I feel Angus is the best breed of cattle on the planet that is my opinion. That doesn't mean I don't see good in other breeds, but I have never seen enough in another breed to make me want to jump on a different breeds bandwagon. I don't think any breed is perfect, we are all trying to breed the very best cattle we can, why can't we just enjoy discussing that instead of getting our panties in a wad when someone doesn't march to the same drum beat.

I agree. I enjoy a friendly discussion as that is how we learn. But it seems a few have to resort to saying what someone posted is a false hood just because they don't agree. And then when someone sends a pm, asks for an opinion on a topic and then tries to tear it apart I just quit. I don't have time for such childish behavior.

Gizmom

gizmom":3gybss6j said:
I guess I just don't understand how folks can get riled up enough to get banned. Maybe I just lack passion! I read through the locked thread and didn't see what was said that got it locked but confess I just scanned through it and could of missed something. I am an Angus breeder, I feel Angus is the best breed of cattle on the planet that is my opinion. That doesn't mean I don't see good in other breeds, but I have never seen enough in another breed to make me want to jump on a different breeds bandwagon. I don't think any breed is perfect, we are all trying to breed the very best cattle we can, why can't we just enjoy discussing that instead of getting our panties in a wad when someone doesn't march to the same drum beat.

Gizmom
Cattle are as bad as trucks for brand loyalty to some folks.

gizmom":44sb7yna said:

Gizmom
And if we are all honest, we know more "dirt" on our own breed than we do on other breeds we only read or hear about. Like a man who used to sell cedar posts in the county below us. You could sort through and get what you wanted. If he was with you when you were sorting through the many piles he'd say, "Get what you want and put the others aside. Somebody else will want them".

gizmom":34a6liwq said:

Gizmom

I beg your pardon! I have never gotten my panties in a wad. My mucks eat my socks sometimes.

That reminds me. One of the great pleasures in life is a decent pair of socks.

gizmom":2fykduc4 said:

Gizmom

But, but, but, you're in Florida and everyone knows it's hot in Florida and Angus can't take the heat. I bet your cattle live in a pond all summer and have webbed hooves. No way an all black cow could survive in your climate. I know 'cause there are geniuses on this very board who have told me as much.

Bright Raven":3dt89uwu said:
gizmom":3dt89uwu said:

Gizmom

I beg your pardon! I have never gotten my panties in a wad. My mucks eat my socks sometimes.

That reminds me. One of the great pleasures in life is a decent pair of socks.

Quality shoes AND socks can dramatically improve one's outlook and comfort.