Location!

Help Support CattleToday:

Txwalt

Reaction score
For those of you that do not have a location under your name and avatar. You tend to have less credability when we don't even know where you are from. Its bad enough that we don't use our real names but if you can't even tell us about where you are located you might as well be a spammer just causing havoc on the internet. Come on people, put your location so we have a reference to deal with.

Walt

When you first register it is easy to miss the place to put in location. When I first registered I didn't see it but after seeing everyone else's listed I finally searched enough to find it. You are right Walt it adds credibility but it is easy to miss and hard to find (at least for some of us computer illiterate)

I forgot what I have on mine. TEST

Oh, :eek: I'm OK. Except I'm in Montana a couple months total each year.
It is nice to know where members are located.

Fully agree! If posters have no idea where you're located (State, Country, Etc.), it is nearly impossible to give any worthwhile response. Especially if one is asking about soil, forage, animal health, etc. These things have a significant impact on "answers".

Of course, there are those who wish to be under a "witness protection program"...lol...so their comments can't be traced to their location, name, etc., which allows them to be "politically incorrect" and/or dispensing other crap to aggrivate others...lol.

Another thing...when one identifies themselves it serves as a check and balance so they watch what they say... :D

I use my real name and show where I am. Also what I do and how long I have been doing it. My phone number is in the book if anyone wants to call. I may say something dumb sometime but it is not to put down anything anyone thinks. Makes me wonder when someone avoids the question.
I have made several friends and had a lot of PM's by knowing where some of you are. Many places I have been to. Many more I will now visit.

Txwalt":2jjmlgf3 said:
For those of you that do not have a location under your name and avatar. You tend to have less credability when we don't even know where you are from. Its bad enough that we don't use our real names but if you can't even tell us about where you are located you might as well be a spammer just causing havoc on the internet. Come on people, put your location so we have a reference to deal with.

Walt

THANKS WALT!!!!
I agree 100%!!!
I was an oddball when I signed up I guess, because I actually used my REAL farm name and location. However I go by a nickname and have for 25 years which is............Shorty.

Nope, sorry Mr Walt. I received what I considered hateful and threating E-mail in a previous life here. So I will not give out my real name anymore nor will I indicate where my place is located nor will I accept private mail. So if that makes my comments any less credible then you will have to live with it.

KNERSIE":1libchlq said:
This reminds me... I need to change my location... I have not moved though.

LOL.....have you noticed your friend is no longer with us....at least under the twisted name?

mnmtranching":oyfqr620 said:
I forgot what I have on mine. TEST

Oh, :eek: I'm OK. Except I'm in Montana a couple months total each year.
It is nice to know where members are located.
well you are in cattle country, but i thought you were in minnesota by your abbreviation. montana spose to be MT cowboy country :tiphat:

Jovid":2x5h4956 said:
KNERSIE":2x5h4956 said:

LOL.....have you noticed your friend is no longer with us....at least under the twisted name?

I just noticed now that all his wisecracks had disappeared. He will be missed.... but I doubt for too long. Does it mean I have to change my location back to sunny SA now?

Wonder who is going to spot him first this time?

KNERSIE":2uqcp0tw said:
Jovid":2uqcp0tw said:
KNERSIE":2uqcp0tw said:

I just noticed now that all his wisecracks had disappeared. He will be missed.... but I doubt for too long. Does it mean I have to change my location back to sunny SA now?

bet he's already got another user name too fall back

KNERSIE":izcd27bw said:
Jovid":izcd27bw said:
KNERSIE":izcd27bw said:

He still has at least one other name and maybe two that he was using on here. He is pretty easy to pick out.

SirLoin2":1lg7vd2s said:
Walt,

Good point!
I have thought the same thing many times but never mentioned it.

And for anyone passing through the Chattanooga TN area just give a holler and you'll more then welcome to stop in for the 50 cent tour or just to have coffee at the golden arch steakhouse on the interstate.
SL
im hollerin' now. we got a possible tornado headed this way.. and im just 40 miles from there, can you hear me
:p

SirLoin2":3l1vnkph said:
Ala,

I hear ya man, but it's not much better here. The school just called and they are closing at 1PM because of possible road flooding later.
It's been raining here since early morning, and heave at times.
What's her name is in Stevenson Al right now with her folks and is a panic.
SL

SL ,

Save me a seat too. I am about 65 miles South West of you. Sounds like all three of us has stomped all around one another at some point and time and didn't even know it!

Weather came through here a little ago headed your way. Radar shows that there is more to come today.

Auburn_Ag":2s60g673 said:
SirLoin2":2s60g673 said:
Ala,

I hear ya man, but it's not much better here. The school just called and they are closing at 1PM because of possible road flooding later.
It's been raining here since early morning, and heave at times.
What's her name is in Stevenson Al right now with her folks and is a panic.
SL

SL ,

Save me a seat too. I am about 65 miles South West of you. Sounds like all three of us has stomped all around one another at some point and time and didn't even know it!

Weather came through here a little ago headed your way. Radar shows that there is more to come today.
sounds like whats her name is in the same town im in,.... need too run her down and talk her and get her too straightin' you out
:cowboy:

Auburn_Ag":11v93vcd said:
alacattleman":11v93vcd said:
auburn i know we crossed paths .. ive got kinfolk spread all over sandmnt

I thought if you were from the Mnt. we were all kin. :lol:

I thought Mnt was mountain

Latest posts