Local Sale Barn Closed

Help Support CattleToday:

Porkchopfat said:
hurleyjd said:
Porkchopfat said:
I hear Winsboro is up for sale. Very sad to see. But we still have Emory, Longview, and Athens. For now at least.
You forgot Sulphur Springs Livestock Commission.

I forget about them as well. And I have watch the large volume net sales on line. I only get up that way once a year to get 2-1-1 from the co-op. Really not a fan of the drive for some reason. The only good part is driving over lake fork.
If you cross the bridge on lake Fork when traveling to Sulphur Springs just look to the right and behind the junky well drilling place and you will see my place.

hurleyjd said:
Porkchopfat said:
hurleyjd said:
You forgot Sulphur Springs Livestock Commission.

I forget about them as well. And I have watch the large volume net sales on line. I only get up that way once a year to get 2-1-1 from the co-op. Really not a fan of the drive for some reason. The only good part is driving over lake fork.
If you cross the bridge on lake Fork when traveling to Sulphur Springs just look to the right and behind the junky well drilling place and you will see my place.

The bridge by the minnow bucket? Best I can recall there are sum fine places up that way. At least from the water when I fished... before cattle if ya catch my drift.

Dave said:
Washington State is down to 4 sale barns. I can think of 15 that I either went to or knew of that are gone. All that are left is Everson (west side up near Canada), Chehalis (mid way between Seattle and Portland), Davenport (40 miles west of Spokane), and Toppenish (in the Yakima Valley). That makes a lot of people haul a long ways or they just quit.
Did the auction yard in Enumclaw finally close down? I know it was for sale last year, but thought it was still open with new management ... though they were getting a very small run of cattle most weeks.

Luckiamute said:
Dave said:
Washington State is down to 4 sale barns. I can think of 15 that I either went to or knew of that are gone. All that are left is Everson (west side up near Canada), Chehalis (mid way between Seattle and Portland), Davenport (40 miles west of Spokane), and Toppenish (in the Yakima Valley). That makes a lot of people haul a long ways or they just quit.
Did the auction yard in Enumclaw finally close down? I know it was for sale last year, but thought it was still open with new management ... though they were getting a very small run of cattle most weeks.
Actually I forgot about that one. I am not certain on what is happening there. Ron pasted away a year ago or so. My daughter and her friend took some chickens up there to sell back in the spring. She never mentioned anything about cattle selling.

Stocker Steve said:
How many are selling on video rather than a sales barn?

Keeping an eye on the video, not a lot of Washington cattle been selling that way. Oregon is a different story. There are a lot of Oregon cattle selling on the video. Idaho too.

Dave said:
Luckiamute said:
Dave said:
Actually I forgot about that one. I am not certain on what is happening there. Ron pasted away a year ago or so. My daughter and her friend took some chickens up there to sell back in the spring. She never mentioned anything about cattle selling.

Enumclaw was advertised as having a bunch of sheep at today's sale.

Latest posts