Local Justice

Help Support CattleToday:

Cattle Rack Rancher

Reaction score
Vigilantes take photos of hog-tied suspect
By: Wire Services Email Story Printer Friendly Version

WINNIPEG — A group of men posed for photos after hog-tying an alleged thief they say was stealing from their vending machines.

Frustrated with a spate of snack machine break-ins that's reportedly cost them thousands of dollars, the crew from Vend-Tec in Winnipeg camped out in an office and kept a close eye on security cameras.

Once the suspect came in early Saturday morning, the men split up and covered each of the exits.

The group caught the alleged thief, tied his wrists and legs and snapped photos of themselves with him while they waited for police to arrive.

One of the photos appeared in a Winnipeg newspaper on Sunday, with the man's face blurred.

''The police officers we've been dealing with are wonderful, but they have limited resources so we decided to do something ourselves,'' Ken Parks said.

In one picture, a man who's standing up has his foot on the suspect.

Another shows the suspect on his stomach, hands behind his back with men wearing balaclavas standing on either side of him. Police confirm a 40-year-old man is in custody facing numerous theft and other charges.

Vend-Tec has lost roughly $40,000 in cash to thieves, which doesn't include the cost of repairing the broken machines, company partner Collin Stone said.

As much as I hate to say this.... I smell a lawsuit coming :mad:
Oh and I second that on the butt kicking. :D
I've always wanted to sit at home with the shotgun in the dark and have someone break in. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Welcome :lol2:

Up here in canada,we aren't big on law suits.That is an american thing.

George":1pvta7vy said:
Good for Ya'll! They are nuts down here. Is it a social thing or do you have laws that discourage it?

Had a kid at school tell me he was going to sue me for everything I had the other day. Told him, "Good, cause I had a $400 truck payment due in four days and was wonderin' how I was gonna make it!"

Tod Dague":25inw23o said:
George":25inw23o said:
Good for Ya'll! They are nuts down here. Is it a social thing or do you have laws that discourage it?

I actually imagine that the lawyers will be poking around him looking for publicity. But, he was caught red handed. I guess time will tell what happens to him.

Tod Dague":115acpng said:
George":115acpng said:
No law agains't doing it here,it's just the kind of people we are.

George":6mbyf2d9 said:
Tod Dague":6mbyf2d9 said:
George":6mbyf2d9 said:
No law agains't doing it here,it's just the kind of people we are.
I wish we had more of those kind of people here. People will do something stupid and hurt themselves and want someone else to pay for their stupidity. I still can't believe the courts don't laugh them out of the court. One of my pet peeves. :mad:

I was gonna say good thing that wasnt down here in the good ole USA that guy wouldnt have to break into the machines anymore hed own them by the time that was over.

It seems that the criminals are protected by the laws more than the victims. Then they get lost in the court system and end up with a slap on the wrist. In my western opinion we should call the cops less. If you catch someone stealing from you, beat the heck out of him take his wallet and call the cops if you want and say he attacked you. No witness' on your property. There wouldn't be any question about anything except he would get an assualt charge to. I don't think this would work in a liberal state but would work great here in Idaho.

Latest posts