Local Cattlemen's Association

Help Support CattleToday:

Used to be. Don't have time anymore. We always had good speakers from the research stations and the colleges. It was pretty good information and good folks to be around. Oh, and we always ate steaks.

Jogeephus":z94kyfto said:
Used to be. Don't have time anymore. We always had good speakers from the research stations and the colleges. It was pretty good information and good folks to be around. Oh, and we always ate steaks.
Same thing here. But we belong to the Three Rivers Chapter of the GA Cattlemen's. We meet the 2nd Thursday of the month at the high school in FFA room.
The speakers are good and usually a couple of different sale barns will sponsor the meals. So most of the time they give out free hats and fiberglass sorting sticks. My wife always makes the deserts and there the best. I sure hate being on a diet.

Yes. Keeps me on the inside track and being on the right committees keeps my interests and those of my neighbors, in check.

I don't belong. We don't have a local organization. They run county chapters of the state association. My county has no meetings. The guy in charge likes to run to any state meetings and rub shoulders there but doesn't do anything to promote it locally. The state association always holds there annual meeting the same week as elk season (a person has to have priorities). So all together it would cost me over $100 a year with no benefit.

HDRider":2zkfyobq said:
Do you belong to your local Cattlemen's Association?

What do you get out of it?

You get enough freebies to cover your membership here.

Latest posts