Lobster ?

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
For dinner this Wednesday I suggested steak and lobster. Have any of you done lobster on the BBQ and how do you prepare it as they will be alive when I get them...

Thanks..

If they are alive HD I suggest a large pot of boiling water and don't take the bands off of the claws. :D ;-)
I did lobster tails for new years. I put about 1/2 cup of water into a large skillet that has a lid, cover the skillet with the lid and bring the water to a boil. Cut a slice down the middle of the tail and pull apart, but don't totally seperate it. Add the tails and put the lid back on. I cooked them about 10-15 minutes.

Now you can also go to http://www.foodnetwork.com and type in lobster. Be aware though there are a couple hundred recipes. Look for anything under Tyler Florence.
Hope this helps and good luck with them. :D :D :D

Thanks ILH, I have this vision of me standing over a pot of boiling water with a claw on my nose and the other on my ear.. :lol2: :help:

So I should boil them, I was wondering if I can throw them in the boiling water until they are dead and the pull them out put butter on them and wrap them in tin foil and throw them on the grill..

Also how long do I cook them for ? How will I know they are done; as I hear they get rubbery if done to long.

Hubby is actually going to try seafood for the first time in his life, it's amazing how flexible he has become lately. He will eat cauliflower and broccoli and is a huge fan of fish now especially wild salmon. That is a big change from meat, potatoes and green beans.. :nod:

hillsdown":24a5ax9m said:
Hubby is actually going to try seafood for the first time in his life, it's amazing how flexible he has become lately. He will eat cauliflower and broccoli and is a huge fan of fish now especially wild salmon. That is a big change from meat, potatoes and green beans.. :nod:
Good for him keeping an open mind and trying new things that you enjoy!!
How cool to find that he actually likes them! :nod:

I couldn't cook one that was still alive. I like to eat lobster well enough (anything dipped in butter can't be all bad ~ yes?), but I couldn't throw something alive in boiling water. Sounds delicious though ~ Enjoy!!

Once you master the lobster keep your eyes peeled for dungeoness crab. This is by far my favorite and makes eating king crab look like eating crawfish. :nod:

hillsdown":gdkvlyal said:
it's amazing how flexible he has become lately.

Is this because he is borrowing your Christmas present of some other reason you don't want to go into? ;-)

Love lobster too HD, and have grilled some tails before, never a whole one though, prepared them much the way ILH stated she steamed them. Be careful not to overcook them.

Jogeephus":3dzbxn4v said:
Once you master the lobster keep your eyes peeled for dungeoness crab. This is by far my favorite and makes eating king crab look like eating crawfish. :nod:

Speaking of crawfish, have you noticed that the bulk of crawfish sold in stores now is out of China?

Dungeoness crab over King crab? Maybe, if you have a lot of them. But, Dungeoness over Lobster??? That might be a hard sell :nod:

awwww come on guys now im hungry for lobster an crabb leggs an grilled shrimp.make sure you have plenty of butter sauce to dipp the lobster in yummmm.

BeefmasterB":3u2547my said:
Jogeephus":3u2547my said:

Speaking of crawfish, have you noticed that the bulk of crawfish sold in stores now is out of China?

Dungeoness crab over King crab? Maybe, if you have a lot of them. But, Dungeoness over Lobster??? That might be a hard sell :nod:
Didn;t even know you could buy crawdads. We always just caught them ourselves

I prefer even red rock crabs over king crab, but nothing from salt water is better then lobster

Lobster?

Crawls on the bottom of the ocean.

Eats dead and rotten things.

Related to spiders.

And you want to put it in your mouth?

Brave person - too big and ungly a bug for me.

Regards

Bez

I love anything sea food (except octopus and squid). When I lived in Alaska, it was brought to my dads in garbage bags hauled out of boats that morning ~ shrimp, all kinds of crabs, stuff I couldn;t identify but just ate. I definately prefer crab to lobster ~ I like the taste and the texture better. And of all the crab, dungees are the best. I have never eaten a crayfish on purpose, but would try it.

Bez+":b69urcuk said:
Lobster?

Related to spiders.

Regards

Bez

And I guarantee my husband will never ever see this post... :lol2:

I think that hot dogs and these things called dutch croquettes (made from lips and udders) are way more disgusting to eat than seafood. :nod:

How was your Christmas beef Bez, was it aged long enough ? I guess it must have been alright if you are still around.. :D

I like it all. If it swims or crawls in the ocean I'll eat it. From lobster to conch I'll have em at my table any day I can. Me and some guys feasted on 4 coolers of oysters tonight. :p

RnW, thank you for asking, it was fabulous .However I chickened out on the live one. My husband even bet me a hundred dollars that I couldn't kill it and I knew he was right and I would have ended up with a lobster living in the sink or bath tub named something stupid .. :lol:

But yes, it was really good ,easy to prepare and we both enjoyed it. I told him not to get used to having it often though as I still cannot believe how much 2 little tails cost.. :help: I still couldn't get him to eat asparagus though, but you know what they say enjoy your little victories..

I think we will try crab next time.. :D

Bez+":3ndjzeoz said:
Lobster?

Related to spiders.

Regards

Bez

I can relate to that, but I'll take lobster over hot dogs any day of the week! At least I know what they are. ;-)

msscamp":r4f6ijfa said:
Bez+":r4f6ijfa said:
Lobster?

Related to spiders.

Regards

Bez

I can relate to that, but I'll take lobster over hot dogs any day of the week! At least I know what they are. ;-)

Your right ms! I'll take fresh lobster meat brushed with melted butter any day of the week. There a lot worse bottom feeders that a person eats - like carp. It's getting tough to get a decent sized lobster at the grocery store though.

Latest posts