Loading chute

Help Support CattleToday:

kevinjensen68

Reaction score
Hello, new around here, anyways I am looking for some ideas for a loading chute that you good folks use. We currently have one but after this last season of running calves on it the wood is shot. We will use steel/concrete on the new one. Have some ideas, we contract for the railroad so we have plenty of 80lb rail laying around for the "posts". From what I have read solid sided and curved is the best, the curve will not work for our specific application but solid side could. Anyways, shoot me some pictures or ideas, oh this is for semi loading not stock trailer.

Kevin

Good grooved flooring is where I have problems. I left gaps between oak boards this last time and that does not work on sunny days. the calves don't like the light. I took some thinner boards and wedged them in but I don't think thats a long term solution.

I have one side solid- but the other I need to be able to get at the calves to encourage them to go up an in at times- so its a board fence to the inside of a barn not giving them much to look at anyhow.

Make sure you don't have them loading into the sun-- that was a big mistake we made when we set ours up.