Loader Pallet Forks

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefeater

Reaction score
Okay, so after borrowing a tractor a few times in the last several months to utilize their forks I've decided to buy my own this year.

I have an older style Westerndorf WL-21 (no quick attach). Westerndorf just gave me a price of $1,600+ FOB at factory for the 48 model, place in MO appears to have one that would work for about $1,000, found something similar online with delivery in the $800 range, and found a beefy set with nice guard on CL for $700, but I'd have to convert from the quick attach to manual pins.

I'm certainly not spending $1,600 on a set of forks! $500-800 seems more reasonable with a decent guard, but I'd go a little higher if there is something that could convert quickly to include a spear for round bales without changing pins for another attachment. Currently using bucket mount bale spear for rounds, but some of the bigger alfalfa bales give me cause for concern with bucket stress.

Reccomendations, cool attachments you've seen, or even hypothetical available set somewhere between Minnesota and Oklahoma? And no, I'm not interested in clamp on, or chain binder types for this project.

Thanks in advance!

i bought a set off ebay that slid on the bucket and you just tightened them down. they worked pretty good if you didn't need to use them everyday. now I have a real set of forks I don't think I could ever go back. Quick attach is where its at :)

Keep in mind using bucket forks throws the weight out a lot farther in front of you.

I think I paid around 130 for my forks and sold them for 150 a few years later. :)

i've also used a homemade bale attachment to the bucket. F that noise. Having my skid steer spear is so incredibly nice. It'll go into any bale, it doesn't slide around, and you can see everything perfect.

I will tell you got a set of clamp on forks they are the most aggravating POS i ever had owned they slide on the bucket and other BS.

M-5":3a37ehgs said:
Slip the repair guy at the forklift repair shop a 20 and you can get all the forks you want then a simple frame and your all set.

im going to weld on a quick attach to mine one day.

Beefeater":20zg9qfh said:
Okay, so after borrowing a tractor a few times in the last several months to utilize their forks I've decided to buy my own this year.

I have an older style Westerndorf WL-21 (no quick attach). Westerndorf just gave me a price of $1,600+ FOB at factory for the 48 model, place in MO appears to have one that would work for about $1,000, found something similar online with delivery in the $800 range, and found a beefy set with nice guard on CL for $700, but I'd have to convert from the quick attach to manual pins.

I'm certainly not spending $1,600 on a set of forks! $500-800 seems more reasonable with a decent guard, but I'd go a little higher if there is something that could convert quickly to include a spear for round bales without changing pins for another attachment. Currently using bucket mount bale spear for rounds, but some of the bigger alfalfa bales give me cause for concern with bucket stress.

Reccomendations, cool attachments you've seen, or even hypothetical available set somewhere between Minnesota and Oklahoma? And no, I'm not interested in clamp on, or chain binder types for this project.

Thanks in advance!

Convert it to skid steer quick attach and never look back. Loader will be worth a lot more and it will save you a ton of money on attachments in the future.

Cut the pin mounts off of your bucket and weld them (or have them welded) to something like this, then weld a skid steer plate to the bucket, and find any old pallet fork that fits a skid steer.

https://www.palletforks.com/weld-on-qui ... cnEALw_wcB

Nothing comes close in versatility to an actual set of pallet forks that have an adjustable width. Bucket forks do not slide, have a much lower capacity, and take more time and effort to attach.

Every auctions sale seems to have endless new quick attach skid steer attachments for sale. I got my pallet forks for about $500 and now I don't know how I survived without them. Fortunately our little T5.115 has skid steer quick attach so there was no need to adapt. Between the forks, bucket and bale spears it makes it pretty handy. And there are so many other possibilities as well.

skyhightree1":17kzxu7d said:
M-5":17kzxu7d said:
Slip the repair guy at the forklift repair shop a 20 and you can get all the forks you want then a simple frame and your all set.

im going to weld on a quick attach to mine one day.
That is what of I did to mine. I ordered a fairly heavy skid steer compatible quick attach plate from an Ebay seller and welded on.

I have used the hay forks on my loaders and lifted any thing that was on a pallet. My spears are welded on the under side of the frame that attaches the forks to the loader. One is quick attach and one is pins. I have two loader tractors that I use.

Convert to SSQA. You'll thank yourself over and over.

I used to hate swapping from hay spear to bucket and back every time I needed the bucket. Having forks is much nicer when it isn't a chore to put them on the tractor. We were fixing a culvert at the neighbors last fall and I switched from bucket to forks and back twice in less than an hour. With a pin on loader it would have take me that long just to do the switch much less actually doing any work between switches.

We've got now that we use the pallet forks for bale handling and leave the spears alone. Seems like we break a few spears every winter, pallet forks are pretty tough.

Latest posts