Loader joystick problem

Help Support CattleToday:

Aaron

Reaction score
When pull up on joystick, loader raises at desired speed. When push down, loader is painfully slow to lower, like 1" per second (barely tell it's moving). Would this be a cable issue or something with the Nimco control valves? It isn't a problem all the time and is worse when oil is warmed up and at low throttle.

Eliminate the cable from the equation and go from there by operating the valve by hand with the cable unhooked.

How does it act in the float position if there is one?

Sometimes the cable sheath will break and only work well in one direction. The lever will feel mushy and springy if that's the case.

Many times the valves or cables are adjustable too, the stick might be hitting bottom without pulling the valve all the way.

I adjusted the cable too far the other way and lost the lift, then went back and it is better but I think I need to adjust once more. Barring that, maybe cable needs replacing - pricey at $154.

Aaron":1jges35v said:
I adjusted the cable too far the other way and lost the lift, then went back and it is better but I think I need to adjust once more. Barring that, maybe cable needs replacing - pricey at $154.

Had the exact problem on a Case Maxxum but on the remotes. Could it adjust it far enough to work one way at a time, but not both. New cables fixed it.

If it lowered quickly like it's supposed to when adjusted you have ruled out a hydraulic issue.

Part of the reason why I dislike cable hydraulics.

Aaron":3uke9ker said:
hurleyjd":3uke9ker said:

Big difference in price. Any comment on quality and longevity of those cables? Don't want to go through one each month.
A & I source. https://www.allpartsstore.com/ItemDetl. ... reAccount=

Latest posts