lmg gills custer

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
i'm new to the cattle business first of all and purchased a couple reg. red heifers and AI'd them to LMG GILLS CUSTER 1580 and wondering if anybody has used him and can share any info.thnx.

We raised him and used him as a yearling before Select took him to stud. He will throw smaller calves, and ours at least, grew out nicely. His scrotal measurements weren't what I like to see in his sons and his dam is an average type cow. So we never went back and used him again, but if you want calving ease, he does that very well.

Thanks,
Bryan

doublejredangus":1huq0tx7 said:
i'm new to the cattle business first of all and purchased a couple reg. red heifers and AI'd them to LMG GILLS CUSTER 1580 and wondering if anybody has used him and can share any info.thnx.

Already AI'd...a little late for questions or opinions.

this year i bred my heifers 2 reg. reds and a sim/angus for calving ease obviously,being new i wanted as few problems as possible,i plan on keeping at least 1 heifer (if i have any) ,for the next few yrs i plan on just building my herd.So my main interest is building good solid cows

Here is a bull I am very excited about. We raised this guy and have 1 set of calves out of so far. They look very nice at this age. He is a coming 3 year old now (He was 15 months old in this photo). Over the winter we just feed the herd bulls grass hay, salt & mineral. He came through the winter in the best condition of all the bulls and this is through a little harder time for bulls his age. The pour-on didn't work that great this past fall and some of the bulls had patchy hair but not him. I don't know if that means much but it was a bit obvious to me. His dam is one of the best cows we have ever owned and his pedigree is one that I really like. After calving out his first offspring, I am convinced that he will work on heifers and am sure his BW EPD will go negative. Since we don't need another heifer bull, he will go back on cows again this year. (starting next week.) He has super feet and legs on him and has good depth of rib and muscle shape while having above average length. Check him out. I believe his daughters will be some of our best.

LMG GILLS WIDE SPREAD 6800
Reg. # 1157502

Latest posts