Living the City Life $^*#)(#)$%!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Good ole DOT, I know if U are a semi driver, and U get stopped and weighed and your overweight, its $1 for every pound overweight, or something like that, doesn't sound too bad, but most times its 1000's of pounds=$1,000 of dollars. I know wide width, etc.. is serious business, however something like this, just going from one field to another, maybe should just require, a smaller fee permit, that is good for all year.

GMN

Damn, that sounds almost as stupid as the Texas DOT and their toll road plans.

But, around here, ag use gets you excused from a lot of regulations on the highways. I think weight and size are among them. Like a dually pulling a gooseneck trailer loaded with 21 round bales is perfectly fine.

Jim62":2vffpeqv said:
be nice, that sounds almost as stupid as the Texas DOT and their toll road plans.

But, around here, ag use gets you excused from a lot of regulations on the highways. I think weight and size are among them. Like a dually pulling a gooseneck trailer loaded with 21 round bales is perfectly fine.

It can get you excused, the big money for the DOT is in semi trucks, not on someone just pulling a flatbed with hay.

GMN

Here ag tractors are pretty much exempt. It can be as wide and heavy as you need. But you do have to have one of those triangle slow moving vehicle signs. A truck pulling a goose neck is not exempt.

in Ga, you can pull a cattle trailer loaded, but empty , they can bust you if things are slow. they usually don't.

My real problem is not with the DOT officer with a corn cob up his $%% it is the forum comments of these people in this god forsaken tourist trap of a town.

This is the same DOT that stopped and weighed trucks hauling relief supplies to Katrina victims in Mississippi and New Orleans. I guess to be sure we weren't being too helpful. I saw it with my own eyes and still could not believe it.

Did yall see that "copycat" TEXDOT trucks are being used to transport drugs?? Or were,sombody caught on..
As to weighing the Catrina trucks~ could have been to make sure the weight wouldn't strain hiways?? Or to make sure wnat was really in them~~ (oh heck,I donknow,prolly our Government at work) "Heck of a job,Brownie"

Latest posts