Livestock haulers

Help Support CattleToday:

BAGTIC

Reaction score
I need three calves moved from Harrodsburg, KY 40330 to Thayer, MO 65791.

Can anyone recommend a reputable hauler? I would like the job done reasonably soon.

BAGTIC":3epiihu7 said:

Can anyone recommend a reputable hauler? I would like the job done reasonably soon.

If you don't get any response here, check you local sale barn. There are many young men who haul cattle as a sideline for reasonable cost.

Another option, assuming you own a pick-up, would be to rent/borrow a trailer and do it yourself.

most livestock relocaters(bull haulers) pull double pots(big trailers) for 3 calves you might try equine transporters(horse haulers). sorry can't help you with a personal recommendation. but i'll bet it's going to cost an arm and a leg. $3 a mile would be my guess with the price of fuel.

Woolsey Livestock Transportation of Billings Montana hauls alot but after you wait a long time, pay $300 or so a head and still have to drive to a central location miles away you may wish you would have hauled them yourself.

Ned Jr.":3uv0vwb2 said:
Woolsey Livestock Transportation of Billings Montana hauls alot but after you wait a long time, pay $300 or so a head and still have to drive to a central location miles away you may wish you would have hauled them yourself.

I have used Woolsey to brings cows/bulls from SD to the south.

You might have to wait until they get a load up though.

They are good haulers.

I'm not too far from Thayer (Houston/Cabool area) and have a 14 foot Neckover gooseneck trailer just sitting around rusting away that I'd consider renting you for not much at all. Might want a deposit though since I don't know you.

Feel free to PM me if interested.

I also got a friend from church that hauls cattle as a side business but most everyone that does it on the side has huge trailers so I'm sure if he would do it for ya' he would want to use my trailer or find someone else with a small trailer. He does have horses so he may have one he could use for just the 3 calves so I'll ask. If you want just go ahead and PM your phone number and I'll pass it on to him. He is a good guy that won't try and rip you off or pull anything over on you.

Just like someone said it's going to cost some major bucks for that haul. Too bad you can't find some cattle to help make up for the haul to take from Missouri to KY. Least they would not have to dead head any.

J

BAGTIC":2bndpba4 said:

The local farmer's co-op in our area rents combination cattle/horse trailers on a daily rate. A 12'-14' bumper pull trailer and a half ton pickup could handle this load quite well. If you or a friend are willing to drive, it would not be a bad haul.