live trap help

Help Support CattleToday:

TCRanch":2qhbu75o said:
cattle60":2qhbu75o said:
OK I'm dumb What is a diller?

Armadillos. The bane of my existence. They have destroyed our alfalfa field, the front yard, even trenched around the house.
Ha ha. No wonder we don't see em much around Volente. They followed you to Kansas :)

Kingfisher":d5hhbqn2 said:
TCRanch":d5hhbqn2 said:
cattle60":d5hhbqn2 said:
OK I'm dumb What is a diller?

Armadillos. The bane of my existence. They have destroyed our alfalfa field, the front yard, even trenched around the house.
Ha ha. No wonder we don't see em much around Volente. They followed you to Kansas :)

Would you please take them back?! BTW if you're still in OK, head north :)

Stocker Steve":syi29gtk said:
kenny thomas":syi29gtk said:
dun":syi29gtk said:
I used some old grape jelly and pnutbutter in a little tin in the trap. Amazed at how well it caught coons.
Yep and the small marshmellows with some grape cool-aid work great also.

Why grape?
Cause that's what was in the frig from a couple of years ago.

Stocker Steve":3e6evikk said:
True Grit Farms":3e6evikk said:
My dad always snapped a rope on the traps handle and set it in the water for a few minutes.

I thought coons were good swimmers?
If they're in the trap they just don;t seem to be able to get a very good swimming stroke

LRTX1":28k04bk6 said:
You'll do good with sweets on the coons. A 2 dollar bag of mini powdered donuts goes a long way. They'll also like the sardines and such.

I tried that once for possums and got up the next morning, door tripped, donuts gone and one of those 'courtesy/get out of jail' cards from the sheriff dept stuck in the wires.
:hide:

Ok now I'm enlightened. Learn something new every day. See a lot run over on the roads but (knock on wood) have only seen one at the home place and none on the main place where the cattle are. Have an 84 year old aunt says she took after one that was in her garden and beat him with a garden spade handle all the way across her yard till it went through the fence. Said didn't kill it but she gave him a bloody nose. Would've liked to see that as she is only about 5' tall and 105 pounds.
Dun Like the description.

I use the same trap. Dang coons tear the lids off my fish feeders and drop them in the pond. I caught one a couple of weeks ago and "relocated" him. He was really pizzed off to be in the trap.

lavacarancher":1ng12pzk said:
I use the same trap. Dang coons tear the lids off my fish feeders and drop them in the pond. I caught one a couple of weeks ago and "relocated" him. He was really pizzed off to be in the trap.
I had used an empty sardine can wired to the bottom to hold the bait so it couldn't be fished to the outside. Caught one coon that not only tore it lose from the trap but perforated/shredded it with his teeth enough that it looked like it had been run over by a lawnmower.

HDRider":2a95x603 said:
I use
WOT_1081.jpg

https://www.orschelnfarmhome.com/view/p ... /si6659618
This works great, bait it with sardines, coones love them but so do the local barn cats so you may catch a couple of those too.

Here is the live traps I like and use, some have a bait door in the back and some are a little taller 2''. they cost a little more but will last a lifetime and when you catch your prey they will be there when you come back. unless someone steals them out of the trap but that's another story for another time.

Latest posts