Live to 100 yrs?

Help Support CattleToday:

Did you read about the oldest Japanese person? They went to find her and it turns out she had been gone for a while but children were living off her pension.

john250":1j6g0lp4 said:
Not easy. My granddad made 97. Maybe I have a shot.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/19/healt ... .html?_r=1
I love the guy who went to Hooters for lunch and what he remembers is they treated him the meal. Or maybe that's just what he says in public?
My grandma mad it to 100..grandad to 89, dad to 87 and mom to 92....hope I got some of those genes.

A man that I see at the cafe a couple of times a week is 93. He still ranches and does most of it himself from feeding to working the cows.

When my grandfather passed away in 1966 at 65 years old, my sickly grandmother came to live with my parents, no-one expected her to live long after her husband died. Well she lived to be 99 1/2 years old and only died in December 2003!

Mabe - if I could keep my mind and my health......... But as both of those are gone I'm not counting on it.. :D

Isomade":s5tugm57 said:
A man that I see at the cafe a couple of times a week is 93. He still ranches and does most of it himself from feeding to working the cows.

I thought dun lived in the Ozarks? :D

I will take quality over quantity any time.

I have a friend who is aging grazefully in a nursing home but with alzhimers she does not know me or her or any of her children or anything.

I have too many friend battling the hideous disease of cancer. some go fast and some battle on for years.

I try to find some joy in every day and never try to take anything too seriously becasue the things people around me are busy worrying about won't amount to a fart in a windstorm in five years.

Live life...
enjoy life....
try to do some good for someone....
take care not to be taken too soon by some act of foolishness

pdfangus":4qfhz5pl said:
I try to find some joy in every day and never try to take anything too seriously becasue the things people around me are busy worrying about won't amount to a fart in a windstorm in five years.
What makes one happy could make another unhappy, we all strive for different things - I like the way you think pdf :D .

Ryder":3brgmzt2 said:
pdfangus":3brgmzt2 said:
I will take quality over quantity any time
Why limit yourself?
If you could have a choice, why not take both?

Because I am not going to waste time pretending that I have a choice....
I will take life as it comes to me good bad or indifferent .....
and as i get older wish to be remembered more for some good I accomplished or how I lived my life than how tough and how ornery I was

pdfangus":lan4nv5x said:
Ryder":lan4nv5x said:
pdfangus":lan4nv5x said:
I will take quality over quantity any time
Why limit yourself?
If you could have a choice, why not take both?

Because I am not going to waste time pretending that I have a choice....
I will take life as it comes to me good bad or indifferent .....
and as i get older wish to be remembered more for some good I accomplished or how I lived my life than how tough and how ornery I was
Seems to me a person does have a choice as to how they live it, within the limits of their wisdom. Called "Free Will".

Latest posts