Little Winters

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
We have dogwood, black berry, and linen britches. Linen britches is the last one. I guess you can put your winter clothes up after it passes IDK. What are the spring cold snaps called in your corner of the world?

Always get a cold snap before Easter . We call them Easter cold snap. The Forecast shows the was last week and one day this week it's supposed to be cool. Everything agriculture hinges on Easter. Once it passes you can plant anything in the garden . Corn is being planted hard and heavy this week. Neighbor planted his 2 weeks ago . It got burnt a little by frost last week but has come out of it this weekend.

Just be glad when all of them and the daily rain lets up. Getting behind pretty fast. And for petes sake enough of feeding hay already

Bigfoot":25c94fda said:
We have dogwood, black berry, and linen britches. Linen britches is the last one. I guess you can put your winter clothes up after it passes IDK. What are the spring cold snaps called in your corner of the world?
I don't remember all but here in sc ky they count 7. One I remember to add to yours is stump burning winter.cut more on stump in yard just to get by.

We always had redbud, dogwood, and blackberry, in that order.

M-5":1cped1gg said:
Always get a cold snap before Easter . We call them Easter cold snap. The Forecast shows the was last week and one day this week it's supposed to be cool. Everything agriculture hinges on Easter. Once it passes you can plant anything in the garden . Corn is being planted hard and heavy this week. Neighbor planted his 2 weeks ago . It got burnt a little by frost last week but has come out of it this weekend.

lol will not plant our garden here just after Easter, we have had 12 inches of snow since Thursday, still snowing now. Over two foot of snow on our garden

Latest posts