Little Red Cow and calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Red Bull Breeder said:
Thanks for the compliment BC. The sire of the calf is CRKT Apollo. As for relation to the Gelb. breed i couldn't say one way or the other.
Houston there is no Punch in her pedigree.[/quote

That should make a nice animal. I looked at buying the Apollo bull when he was 10 months old ,but I just didnt want to shell out the price for him. I have always used good bulls even though most of the time I am a commercial crossbred rancher. Their were some females bred the same way out of that flush. They were very impressive as well.

Red Bull Breeder":3u8bazcw said:
3way if you remember the little bull that i posted awhile back thread title was butt shot. This is the mother of that bull. Hoping this one is as good as him without the little problems he had. Want to thank everone else for the nice comments on the pair.

Jovid if she would just have a heifer calf i would be a happy camper.

That is the type of cow I would love a bull out of.

Very, very good young cow.

She is just a 1250lb cow that we hope does her job without any fuss. So far she has done just that.
I had a breeding plan all layed out for her, but i have found some semen that may change that plan. Thanks for the comments folks.
Houston what do you know about a old bull called Eclaireur?

Red Bull Breeder":2kgtgm9j said:
She is just a 1250lb cow that we hope does her job without any fuss. So far she has done just that.
I had a breeding plan all layed out for her, but i have found some semen that may change that plan. Thanks for the comments folks.

Are you sure of the spelling, if its Eclair...no but hell no... the ones I had were mean hard keepers.. Their was a Eclaireur, but I havent had any dealings with him, his epds look a little weak, but many of the old fullbloods dont have good looking epd numbers

No i am talking about Eclaireur. The performance numbers are weak for modern day epd's. I always look at the prodigy. Check the weaning weights and yearling weights of the calves sired by the bull i am looking at and try and factor in conditions of the time frame the calves were raised in. Lot of guess work. Got to have some bulls to raise cows from and some to raise bulls from. Rarely are they the same bull now days.

houstoncutter":2htjh3d0 said:
Red Bull Breeder":2htjh3d0 said:

Are you sure of the spelling, if its Eclair...no but be nice no... the ones I had were mean hard keepers.. Their was a Eclaireur, but I havent had any dealings with him, his epds look a little weak, but many of the old fullbloods dont have good looking epd numbers[/quot

With the type of animals ur trying to raise, I think I might be concerned with his Rea epd

Next time your over this way you could drop her off at the house-keep her in the family anyway lol! Real nice cow!

Your biggest heterosis is always going to be from polar opposites eg Continental X British, Bos Indicus X Bos Taurus etc

Latest posts