Little People

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Now I probably will catch he11 over this but by no means am I trying to belittle anyone.

I have never weighed over 145lbs in my whole life.No mater what or how much I eat.
I have tried to gain weight forever and it's just not happening.
Now I know you are saying,"It must be nice".
Well it's not too nice.I've had to work harder at most jobs just to compete with the big boys.
In the winter I have no insulation on my bones so I just freeze.
It's not easy for a 140lb man to do heavy work,but have had to do this all my life.
Then you have the larger people who seem to think it's alright to call you skinny, but you just try calling them fat.
And another big thing is,how many programs are available out there to make you gain weight?

Trust me it's not all fun and games being little people. :oops: :oops:

Just wanting to get the point across that being small is not as great as it may seem.

Cal

I think your point is valid, but gender specific. My youngest boy is shorter, and built somewhat like a garden hose ~ I know this bothers him. A lot.

For women it is different. I am neither over nor under weight, and have never had weight issues, but I am sympathetic to those are and who do.

Ryder":76m88pum said:
I was the same way. Until I quit smoking.

Count your blessings.

Same here Ryder, 6' 1" tall and 160 lbs. until i quit smoking, 197 lbs now.

My two sons are super skinny people. My older son fell off the growth chart when he started walking and never got back on again. He's finally taller than me, but he weighs about 110 pounds. Pants fall off him, suits have to be altered, nothing off the rack. My other son is okay on height, but weighs about 80 pounds at 14 years of age. Their father is 5'11 and weighed 125 pounds when we married. He's about 170 now, at 52 years of age. I always weighed 108 pounds just about all my adult life, except when I was pregnant.

I always tell them that it is easier to put weight on than to take it off. I know that now, as well. I was always super skinny, and at one point started doing weight training to gain muscle mass. Oh! For the good old days!

I heard every skinny, stick figure joke on earth. Now that I have a gut I'm trying to lose, (something about turning 40 put a few pounds on me), I realize it really is true. It is easier to put it on in a healthy way than to take it back off when it's fat and not muscle.

i never could get over 180 at 6'3 then something kicked in and i started gaining all the way up too 240+ i came down to 220 and still trying too lose about 10 more.. its harder for me too get it off ,then it was to put on.

I'm 6'1", started working shift work at 20 years old, weighed 158 and lived with Mom and Dad. Four years later I teetered right around 200+/-. Then I got married and moved out, I'm down to 175 right now. If anyone would like my weight loss secrets I'll be glad to forward them my wife's cookbook, both pages.

cfpinz":f4otnajc said:
I'm 6'1", started working shift work at 20 years old, weighed 158 and lived with Mom and Dad. Four years later I teetered right around 200+/-. Then I got married and moved out, I'm down to 175 right now. If anyone would like my weight loss secrets I'll be glad to forward them my wife's cookbook, both pages.

I always said my kids were so skinny because I wasn't a good cook.

Calman":1eci3jpa said:
Now I probably will catch be nice over this but by no means am I trying to belittle anyone.

I have never weighed over 145lbs in my whole life.No mater what or how much I eat.
I have tried to gain weight forever and it's just not happening.
Now I know you are saying,"It must be nice".
Well it's not too nice.I've had to work harder at most jobs just to compete with the big boys.
In the winter I have no insulation on my bones so I just freeze.
It's not easy for a 140lb man to do heavy work,but have had to do this all my life.
Then you have the larger people who seem to think it's alright to call you skinny, but you just try calling them fat.
And another big thing is,how many programs are available out there to make you gain weight?

Just wanting to get the point across that being small is not as great as it may seem.

Cal

You must be my husband :lol2: But put him in a squared hay field with a "built" guy and he will out work them any day. Come winter time he lives in his stained up and ripped up carhartts. GNC has made alot of $ off of us on "weight gainers", nothing works. At the age of 37 he has finally come to terms with being the "little guy"...but the comments never quit coming his way. And he does fire back. He likes to poke at other's fat bellies and make a "fat" joke when they think they are being funny, but they never seem to like it! lol...hmm wonder why?

Calman said:

Same here!

I've had to work harder at most jobs just to compete with the big boys.

:nod:

Yep, always have to yell at them big dudes to reach something for me.

The best day of my small life was when one big guy was harrassing me about my witty little scale, So I took it on myself to show him the real power and tussled him to the floor before he got his senses together. Whew, I enjoyed that!

i to am a big man.but let me tell you this theres nothing wrong with being a small man.ive got a friend thats 6`1 an weighs 130lbs.an he is in his 60s an smokes like a choo choo train.his bro on the other hand is 6`4 an goes 300lbs or better if he not dieting.then have a good friend thats shy 6ft an in his prime was 325lbs.now that boy could work 8hrs.then jump on the hay truck an haul 1000 bales that evening.he was so strong he could carry 100lbs of feed on each shoulder.

Finished basic training at a whopping 130....the day I turned 30 it seemed I went to 140...thereafter about every ten years I added 10 pounds....190 now and can't get any lower. Not a big eater so I guess I'm sort of like some of those cattle that are so feed efficient. An easy keeper. :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry2: :cry2:

Getting ready to turn 39 this month....
131 lbs and 5'11

I have always liked it! Not much to pack around? Eat anything I want?
Just dress up in the winter and there we are???

I dont know what there is to camplain bout?
Live on the small side is good....

6'4" and 195. And being tall isn't all that great either. Yeah I can dunk a basketball,(haven't tried for a couple years, but I usetacould) but I hit my head on a lot of things others don't.

I have a SIL who is 5'2", and she hears all of the short jokes. My wife is 5'7" 115 lbs, same as the day I married her, and hears all of the skinny jokes.

Although I can't say I am little, I wasn't really tall enough to make it in professional sport. I am 6' and would have loved to be 6'6" when I was younger. Unfortunately I don't have the "weigh too little for my length" problem although I don't consider myself as too overweight.

hrbelgians":285s2qse said:
Calman":285s2qse said:
The best day of my small life was when one big guy was harrassing me about my witty little scale, So I took it on myself to show him the real power and tussled him to the floor before he got his senses together. Whew, I enjoyed that!
I relate to that. More than once. ;-)

Ryder":3bw3odkf said:
hrbelgians":3bw3odkf said:
Calman":3bw3odkf said:
I relate to that. More than once. ;-)
ive noticed, the little guys that come into the dealer ship got em a attitude, right off.. like lets get something strait, i aint taking no sht .and they always wear their caps in the business position. up high on they head, with the brim pointed strait forward

alacattleman":1lj1e1jq said:
ive noticed, the little guys that come into the dealer ship got em a attitude, right off.. like lets get something strait, i aint taking no sht .and they always wear their caps in the business position. up high on they head, with the brim pointed strait forward

Was his gun hand by the holster, kind of like a policeman walking down the jail hallway like it was the OK corral?

HerefordSire":y953as6g said:
alacattleman":y953as6g said:

Was his gun hand by the holster, kind of like a policeman walking down the jail hallway like it was the OK corral?
nope, just wearing the pointed cowboy boots, that make a rackett when they walk.

My B-in-Law is about 5' 4" with chronic "little man" syndrome. He was always a great athlete and played minor league baseball for a few years. I guess as a kid in school he heard all of the short jokes and always had that chip on his shoulder and loved to start fights with bigger guys to try and prove physical equality I guess. I don't think he ever won one though. The day that he got his wagon fixed I'll never forget. We were playing a pick-up game of b-ball with some bigger guys. True to form he started a fight when he kept getting his shots blocked. He jumped on a guy who was about 6' 2" and 200 pounds. No fat. The big guy kept pushing him off and kept warning him. I went over and pulled the B-in-Law back and tried to walk him out the gym to cool down but he escaped my grasp (slippery like an eel) and went back in for more. Well he got all that and a pack of crackers. By the time I could get back in there my B-in-Law had a broken jaw, nose, 2 ribs and a concussion. His jaw was wired shut for several weeks. That has been almost 20 years ago and he has not been in a fight since. He ignores any short jokes and does not go off half cocked anymore.

My wife is 5' tall and has always said that she never thought it was worth fighting over a short joke cause she probably would never win anyway.

Latest posts