Little Orphan Annie calf (w/pic)

Help Support CattleToday:

DavisBeefmasters

Reaction score
For Alice,

Here is the little calf that was orphaned this year (born Thanksgiving or really early the next morning).

This picture was taken this morning with her and her wiened heifer friend that I have her eating next to.

Thank you Alice for all your advice on these boards for bottle feeding calves and the like... it has all been put to good use and so far is working!

Annie_121007.JPG

Thank you soooooo much for posting that picture. Made me smile, and I'm still smiling. That baby looks outstanding!

Don't ya' love it when a plan comes together. Good work!

Alice

Thanks to all -- she is a little cutie to me (but I am a little biased).

The heifer next to her in fact isn't warning me if I come any closer, more like she would love to see if I have any "treats" (aka calf starter which is now fed to Annie in a seperate pen)

She is running around like a calf is supposed to -- so next week she'll get to run with the herd during the day and sleep in the weaning pen with her heifer friend at night.

~

She is just precious.

We have had our share of bottle babies. Sure is great when they can finally go outside and make new friends.

The barn cats seem to enjoy keeping the calves entertained every day.

She looks great.Look's like she's going to be a big cow.Whatever happen to her mother?

Latest posts