little help

Help Support CattleToday:

cattlepower

Reaction score
A local man near me with around 200 good acres is interested in leasing all of it to me. Problem is I don't have the necessary equipment to do proper upkeep but he does. He also has 27 bred cows on there that he is either going to sell or make some other arrangements. I'm trying to think of a deal to offer him. Any ideas?

i would see if i couldnt rent the pasture.an workout a deal to care for his cattle.an use his equipment todo so.he will prolly let you use it to keep the place up an tend to your cattle.

cattlepower":1vv7xwej said:
A local man near me with around 200 good acres is interested in leasing all of it to me. Problem is I don't have the necessary equipment to do proper upkeep but he does. He also has 27 bred cows on there that he is either going to sell or make some other arrangements. I'm trying to think of a deal to offer him. Any ideas?

If you had all the equipment, he let you use the land for free, and the cattle markets in your area are about the same as they are now, could you make any money off of using his land for cattle grazing?

HerefordSire":oslslr2o said:
cattlepower":oslslr2o said:

If you had all the equipment, he let you use the land for free, and the cattle markets in your area are about the same as they are now, could you make any money off of using his land for cattle grazing?

Yes, I could make $ and it's all pasture.

Here in this area, pasture rents for $25 to $35 an acre per year. We could guess for weeks on a possible solution for you, but that's all it would be is a "guess"............ perhaps the best thing to do is ask him what kind of price he had in mind, would that include using the equipment or can you do something on shares (any hay baled and for the cattle)???

cattlepower":343krucs said:
HerefordSire":343krucs said:
cattlepower":343krucs said:

Yes, I could make $ and it's all pasture.

What equipment would you need if you bought a couple of sheep or goats to eat weeds and maintained sufficient cattle to eat 100% of the grass?

If you do the work you split the calf crop 70-30, if u can use his equipment and fuel then split the calf crop 60-40