Little fellers

Help Support CattleToday:

snoopdog

Reaction score
My favorite part of this whole thing is the babies, kinda like humans, once they become teenagers the funs' all gone .lol

TCRanch said:
Nice fat cattle, green grass, no flies, cute calves, all good!
Thanks TC, the only reason for no flies though, was a good rain the night before. I've been remiss in my fly treatment this year. Just a whole lot going on, that I can't control. Looking for better days, but pretty happy where we're at.

A new baby always brings a smile on my face while I'm watching them. Love it, love it!
But, I get great pleasure in seeing them grow and develop. Picking out "the best" is challenging and fun.
Your calves look good.

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
A new baby always brings a smile on my face while I'm watching them. Love it, love it!
But, I get great pleasure in seeing them grow and develop. Picking out "the best" is challenging and fun.
Your calves look good.
Thank you, and yes I love to watch them develop,have a bunch of heifers from last year, and its a tough pick. Had the last of the regular season calves today, the one huzzy that drug the season out by another 2-3 weeks, which was my fault through management. Still have a couple of late calvers to go, unless I can get them loaded.

snoopdog said:
My favorite part of this whole thing is the babies, kinda like humans, once they become teenagers the funs' all gone .lol

I enjoy the calves. It is fascinating how they form their our social order. My first four calves born in the last 10 days have already bonded. But I also enjoy watching them develop.

They look very well cared for and healthy.

Bright Raven said:
I enjoy the calves. It is fascinating how they form their our social order. My first four calves born in the last 10 days have already bonded. But I also enjoy watching them develop.
Yup, if you have a couple born at once and they spend their first week together, they'll probably always hang out together

These 3 are the oldest, they're always together.. Pookie's (left) and Zeus's mother were also best buddies and 8 years later are usually found together

The one big thing I miss about cattle are the calves! I love watching a bunch of small calves (maybe 1-3 month's old) playing; something naturally innocent and close to nature about it!

Latest posts