Liquid Wormer for Collie type breeds??

Help Support CattleToday:

spinandslide

Reaction score
I think it was this board, afew months ago, that I mentioned I wormed my dogs with liquid ivermectin..and was told that collie type breeds could not use the ivermectin, it could make them very ill, you had to use another wormer..I THINK it was Safeguard(pyrantel pamoate)..can someone clarify? Please?

spinandslide":1y6el7yg said:
I think it was this board, afew months ago, that I mentioned I wormed my dogs with liquid ivermectin..and was told that collie type breeds could not use the ivermectin, it could make them very ill, you had to use another wormer..I THINK it was Safeguard(pyrantel pamoate)..can someone clarify? Please?

Some collies are allergic to ivermectin to the point of dieing. We just use Frontline Plus for big dogs on our Great Pyrenees and it does a good job.

spinandslide":3dshrhui said:
Yes you can use the safequard or panacur (same product) the recommended dosage is 1cc for every 7lbs and you do it for 3 days

thank you thank you!

I actually spoke with a vet and she carries a generic "heartguard" that contains the pyrantel pamoate and ivermectin that she said was safe for the collie breeds. its about HALF the cost of Heartguard and I can get ivermectin into the dog as well..

Latest posts