Liquid fertilizer

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigtmiller

Reaction score
So I am looking at applying some liquid nitrogen fertilizer to my pastures. Also mixing some herbicide with it. My pastures are primarily bahia grass. The wild mustard is everywhere, hence applying some herbicide. I have never used liquid fertilizer before. What are the +\-? Also is this the right time to apply in east Texas ? This would be a high nitrogen mix.

Thanks for the help

It will burn the grass a little and turn it a yellow color for a few days. That's the main difference I see from granular. Are you applying it to Bermuda?

If you apply in direct sunlight on a hot day you could well burn all the leafs off every thing, best to go when it is dull, even when you get some light rain if you were not applying herbicide. I would be starting late in the day. This is not an early start, as if the day gets light and hot you will get scorch.

Applying it to Bahia grass. So basically it is as good as granular? Or better, or the same? Pasture is only about an inch to 2 inches tall. No problem with applying fertilizer and herbicide to that?

Thanks

Bigtmiller":2t09b1vj said:
Applying it to Bahia grass. So basically it is as good as granular? Or better, or the same? Pasture is only about an inch to 2 inches tall. No problem with applying fertilizer and herbicide to that?

Thanks

It is as good as granular, just need to be careful re the scorch factor.

Latest posts