Liquid Feed

Help Support CattleToday:

A6gal

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Mix 30 Liquid feed. I have researched it and it seems to be a good alternative to protein tubs. I'd like other opinions please.

I'm interested in hearing the responses to this. We've been using cake instead of the tubs - seems to provide a more even distribution.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I did a search and didn't come up with anything. It's been awhile since I've visited the CT board. I will search again.

A6gal":pjsxop7x said:
Sorry for the inconvenience. I did a search and didn't come up with anything. It's been awhile since I've visited the CT board. I will search again.

In the search block type "mix30". I came up with 97 hits for it

Thanks a bunch, Dun. I tried Mix 30 and Mix-30 and came up with nothing.

Found the information I was looking for. Seems mostly positive. On top of the nutritional value, I like the fact that it is delivered and costs about the same price as protein tubs which I have to go and pick up. I have pushed a tub out of the back of the truck more than once when it's fallen out upside down. Then I have a heck of a time righting it.

Mix 30 is made from a blend of byproducts that tend to separate over time. Unless you feed it quickly it needs to be recirculated to keep blended.

Read my post "More MIX30 Conversation" in the Grasses, Pasture, and Hay section. It is an excellent product for us. It does separate over time, but doesn't take much to get blended back. You say you are getting it delivered...do you mean in bulk, or do they provide it as a service and fill your tanks for you, (similar to Loomix, out her in Colo.) If it is a service you won't have to worry about separation.

It also makes the cattle's coats shiny, and it must pass through the milk because our calves are as healthy and shiny as ever. Probably the energy (fat) in MIX30.

Let me know how it works for you. If you have trouble with their consumption rate, move the lick tanks to a more distant location from the water source.

I use a liquid feed pogram due to the fact that we are only up on the weekends. I have recently switched to Mix 30 after using on a urea based liquid feed for several months. The other program was great except for the price per pound and the fact that my cattle were consuming 5 lbs per head per day. Mix 30 has been far more economical and so far the cattle seem to be doing well. I do supplement with approximately 4 lbs of 14% breeder cubes per head on Fri Sat and Sun and I keep hay and fresh water out 24/7. Again, not a bad product for the price. I do have to give it a stir in the open tanks every now and then as it will begin to separate over time.

Latest posts