liquid feed

Help Support CattleToday:

plbcattle

Reaction score
how many of you have tried the liquid feed. They have a 14,24 and 32 % protein. I have tried everything from range cubes, tubs , and even a 14% pellet this winter. hay is not enough to get first calf heifers in good enough shape ( i don;t feel like they are in good enough shape) teh drought made hay really poor this year. The liquid feed is about 11 cents per pound. have those who have tried it been satisfied or are you using something else. Will it keep cattle in good BCS with some hay and this feed. I think the rep said they would eat around 1-2 lbs per day. I feed my cattle that in some from of grain every day but the liquid would be more convient. There isn't a price you can put on that. My cattle have never looked better when I was supplementing them with alfalfa but here in arkansas there isn't much of a supply. trucking made it about 250 a ton from kansas or oklahoma. thanks for any input

Tons of talk on this subject if you want to research back posts. To me it is an inefficient way to supply protein. Well the urea based IMO. I am still trying to get some Mix 30 but deallers around here are a little hesitant. I still am using my peanut cake.

Scotty

I use the liquid feed. I have for about 25 years, although it is the highest this year that I have ever paid. I get it delivered for 10 cents per pound. I have tanks that hold about 1 1/2 tons each and have them in each pasture. It costs a whole lot less to feed liquid than to feed lick tubs. The cows will eat all your other forage and hay alot better, also. Really makes the calves born much more lively and the cows stay in much better shape and are ready to go to work when grass gets here.

Latest posts