Liquid Feed

Help Support CattleToday:

Bfields30

Reaction score
Anybody feed the liquid mineral and how much do you pay per ton is it worth it vs the regular mineral tubs.

Bfields30 said:
Anybody feed the liquid mineral and how much do you pay per ton is it worth it vs the regular mineral tubs.

I do along most around me feed liquid supplement in fall through winter.
It's high protein and good for cleaning up pasture or have plenty of poor quality hay. If you don't have plenty of forage my advice is don't use it.
I pay 320 a ton delivered.
This is what I use.

https://www.westwayfeed.com/cow-calf

we have loose mineral out all year. we now have protein tubs out, but when the heat gives it up a little we will use liquid protein from about october thru march. it is cheaper than the protein tubs. we have a tank with 3 wheels the cows lick. the feed store comes out and fills it up when needed.

here is the label. click on the image and you should be able to read it.

a cattleman i respect told me it's just water and he likes the tubs better. but this is what we have been doing. last we paid was $1.70 per gallon for 120 gallons. one gallon weighs 10.7 pounds.

Bfields30 said:
I've feed liquid feed in the past for a protein supplement. I prefer to put out loose mineral to meet mineral needs.

ccr said:
we have loose mineral out all year. we now have protein tubs out, but when the heat gives it up a little we will use liquid protein from about october thru march. it is cheaper than the protein tubs. we have a tank with 3 wheels the cows lick. the feed store comes out and fills it up when needed.

here is the label. click on the image and you should be able to read it.

a cattleman i respect told me it's just water and he likes the tubs better. but this is what we have been doing. last we paid was $1.70 per gallon for 120 gallons. one gallon weighs 10.7 pounds.

The tubs are the biggest screwing you can take. You pay a 1000 dollars a ton for baked molasses and got 300 pounds of protein.

Caustic Burno said:
Bfields30 said:

I do along most around me feed liquid supplement in fall through winter.
It's high protein and good for cleaning up pasture or have plenty of poor quality hay. If you don't have plenty of forage my advice is don't use it.
I pay 320 a ton delivered.
This is what I use.

https://www.westwayfeed.com/cow-calf

I'll look into them cb I have one that's 25 mins away from my place.

I have a 1200 lb tank and paid $240.00 to fill it up last Feb. I've gone to keeping it out from late Sept. until the new grass comes out in the spring. I buy the QLF product.

TexasBred said:
Bfields30 said:
I've feed liquid feed in the past for a protein supplement. I prefer to put out loose mineral to meet mineral needs.
That was what I was getting at. Feed loose mineral for minerals, and feed liquid protein when you have poor quality grass or hay.