Linebreeding Information

Help Support CattleToday:

phillse

Reaction score
I have a copy of Jim Lents, Basis for Linebreeding.
I am currently looking for more information and insight on the topic.
I remembered a while back (years) a discussion and the recommendation of other books on the topic.
I have been doing a searches on past topics but can not seem to locate the right discussion.
If any of you remember the books mention or know of any additional books on linebreeding, I would greatly appreciate you pointing me in the direction of these. I am finding the more I learn about linebreeding the more questions I have about setting up a linebreeding program. Thanks for the help and I look forward to hearing your insight on this topic.

I loaned out my copy of Jim Lents' book one too many times and it never came back. Does anyone know where I can purchase another copy? Like Phillse I would also be interested in other useful books on linebreeding as well.
Thanks!
Ron

Go to this site- it has many reflections from Larry Leonard and Mike Keeney- along with some other folks that have been involved in linebreeding for years...

http://www.keeneyscorner.com/t34-reflections-from-ll

The site is 95% BS about other things- but there is still a big amount you can glean about linebreeding...

Larry also has compiled a book of his writings which is kind of a history book of developing the Shoshone cattle line...

Latest posts