Lineback cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I was wondering if anyone had info. on lineback cattle. I have a bull that has been throwing the gluchester type calves. The problem is that the only info. I can find is on lineback dairy cattle. My calves are beef although I do have a couple dairy cross linebacks. Is there a registrey for beef linebacks? Does anyone own any? I really like this color and would like to eventully get all my herd to look like them. Any info. would be very helpfull. SharRon

My calves look like black and white pinzgauer. But none of my cows are and I don't think my bull is ..he is a cross though.

Longhorns are also striped. There are a few folks that breed lineback cattle, they are from dairy stock originaly but are now primarily used as working steers/oxen

dun

> My calves look like black and
> white pinzgauer. But none of my
> cows are and I don't think my bull
> is ..he is a cross though.

I raise registered Texas Longhorns and also breed my Longhorn bull to my Beefmaster/Beefalo cows. This spring I've had more linebacks from my Longhorn crosses than from my pure breds. I have red/white and black/white linebacks. Once you get this in your herd it usually stays for several generations.

[email protected]

> I don't really know the answer to that one, Cindy. They are very good cattle. At least in my experience with them they are. The calves are small when born but grow very fast. One reason may be that the Beefalo is not a standardized color-the Beefalo is made up of 3/8 Bison and 5/8 Bovine. The Bovine can be any breed of cattle so you will have various colors and types. The Beefalo bull that we used was Brangus based so he threw mostly black calves. Of course, black is the trend in cattle now but that could change at some point. If you are interested in Beefalo I don't think you would be making a mistake by obtaining some.

[email protected]