Limp Tail

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have a five year old cow that doesn't swing her tail. She swings her head at the flies on her side, but her tail verily moves. You can see the mussels along side the tail head twitch like she wants to swing it. Also her bowel movement is a little lose and more frequently like maybe she has lost some control of her bowels. She doesn't lift her tail to poop either. I don't know how long this has been going on. She calved a small calf three monts ago with no provlems. She is in nice condition, but isn't putting much in her calf. I just brought her up by the house so I could creep feed the calf and noticed her condition. Eny light on this would be appreciated. Thanks. >Rod

My Dad had a 3 year old cow do the same thing after she calved back in March, only she completely lost control of her bowels and bladder. Vet wasn't sure what had caused it, but said that it was most likely a calving injury. The cow was just sent off last week, once separated from the herd and getting some grain, she did a pretty good job of raising her calf.

Ann B

> I have a five year old cow that
> doesn't swing her tail. She swings
> her head at the flies on her side,
> but her tail verily moves. You can
> see the mussels along side the
> tail head twitch like she wants to
> swing it. Also her bowel movement
> is a little lose and more
> frequently like maybe she has lost
> some control of her bowels. She
> doesn't lift her tail to poop
> either. I don't know how long this
> has been going on. She calved a
> small calf three monts ago with no
> provlems. She is in nice
> condition, but isn't putting much
> in her calf. I just brought her up
> by the house so I could creep feed
> the calf and noticed her
> condition. Eny light on this would
> be appreciated. Thanks. >Rod

[email protected]

Yes, limp tail, had that happen once. Hate it when that happens. Do you have a pill for it?

> Sell her.

If only I could find someone stupid enough to give me two bits on the dollar what I paid.

> Yes, limp tail, had that happen
> once. Hate it when that happens.
> Do you have a pill for it?

Sorry, no pills. Try eating more red meat. Maybe Longhorn!

Latest posts