Limousine

Help Support CattleToday:

I've had a few crazy lims. They just wanted to get away no matter what. I've never seen one that made it personal though. They tend to flight instead of fight.

hillbillyhammer":3q0zo1g3 said:
Thanks guys. I could read about this kind of stuff all day. bball what color calves are you getting from your shorthorn bull? I am assuming he is red and white. I have seen pictures of solid white ones.

He is a deep red with just a splash of white around his sheath. Black calves (with a hint of red hair in the sun)out of the black cows. Have a few red cows too; one soild red calf. the others are red th some chrome. I am extremely pleased with how well his calves are growing.

Red Bull Breeder":qnzpgwst said:
Only time I have had a limousin to run at me was over her calf. The crazy ones in the past just wanted to get away. Seen my share of mean ones in about all breeds.

Gotta ditto RBB. Been around the Limos most of my 51 years and had very few mean ones. Had some flighty ones but they were culled out fairly quick. Never had a bull I was scared of. No more than any other breed.

We did by the sounds of it. But it is being bred away.. The old limos were man hunters around here, Very aggressive and you'd never turn your back on one, bull or cow.

We got our first limousins in the mid 70's and have had very few issues. Maybe a calf every 3 or so years who thought he or she was a deer, but never man eaters. All our limo Bulls and cows purchased in the early years were full bloods. Our problem in the early years was a few of the cows couldn't hold up in the Florida environment. We culled those out and had very few issues after that.

This is what our two herds currently consist of; a purebred or fullblood red limo bull and angus or angus/Hereford cross cows. They grow well. And sell well. (but so does everything right now)

We seem to get black hides about 85% of the time.

Our Limo bull and his calves are the calmest most docile we've ever had.. they're totally laid back and suckers for attention.

Latest posts