Limousin

Help Support CattleToday:

There's polled and horned lines.. our bull is polled, but not sure if he's homo-polled.. guess we find out in the spring.

Sounds like it to me.

I am quite happy not having to dehorn my calves anymore.. Especially when you have a perfectly nice heifer and her dehorn job got botched and now she has a crooked stump.

Red Bull Breeder":172k6r9j said:
How you been Houston? I didn't think Doc ever even read a Limousin Thread!!

RBB-

In order to think in a "balanced" beef production agenda one must think about all breeds and the traits and characteristics pertaining to all of them! Being "open-minded" is the hallmark of being unbiased. I try my best to do that in all of my suggestions to beef breeders. I am not always successful, but I do try!

Happy Thanksgiving to you ALL!

DOC HARRIS

RBB_

I have great respect for the Limousin Breed! When used in a genetically balanced program, they are hard to criticize. Dedicated Limousin breeders have really worked hard to elevate the quality of the breed! Would that other beef breed producers would be as conscientious as Limousin breeders in avoiding problems and focusing on phenotype and EPD's! As the old proverb goes "What Goes Around - Comes Around".

DOC HARRIS

I like the Full French bulls, and yes they had horns. That is the way they evolved, who am I to screw up what Mother Nature has made. Limi was poised to take over the lead in registrations but then they decided that they just had to have a polled fullblood . Up jumped Protoporphyria, how'd that work out for you Limi breeders! Limi breeders aren't the only ones, Angus the flavor of the month. Decided they wanted to get taller animals through Chi and Holstein , they are still straightening that mess up. By the way, I should have said Black Angus , our Red Angus producers have kept a level head and good cattle. I guess what I'm getting at is raise animals that suit your environment and breeding goals and tell the packers and land grant colleges to take a flying leap!

Latest posts