limousin

Help Support CattleToday:

We have some that do really well. Lucky not to have the disposition problems you hear a lot about. In fact, some of the BEST dispositioned replacements we have saved the last few years are Lim sired. Maybe it's not all luck though because we cull hard on disposition at weaning in the fall and again at spring turnout. Heat has never been a problem. As usual though, Campground asks a question that you would do well to consider. Agree completely on the Brangus being a better choice for your cow herd. Then you have some much better choices than the Lim to cross with. But if you've already got the Limousin females, crossing back with the Brangus would offer a good way to start working out of them. Just my opinion. Old lady will testify to its marginal value.

Texan":2t7fzngv said:
We have some that do really well. Lucky not to have the disposition problems you hear a lot about. In fact, some of the BEST dispositioned replacements we have saved the last few years are Lim sired. Maybe it's not all luck though because we cull hard on disposition at weaning in the fall and again at spring turnout. Heat has never been a problem. As usual though, Campground asks a question that you would do well to consider. Agree completely on the Brangus being a better choice for your cow herd. Then you have some much better choices than the Lim to cross with. But if you've already got the Limousin females, crossing back with the Brangus would offer a good way to start working out of them. Just my opinion. Old lady will testify to its marginal value.

Your on the right road to the disposition, ruthless culling of the herd. Neighbor runs some really good looking cattle. The bulls have been a real pain . Kinda soured me on the breed, and I know that they are good cattle. One of the problems I seen with breeders in our area they thought everyone was fantastic. No such thing in any breed I sent some mighty good looking hereford bulls down the road due to disposition. If cow fights me doesn't throw a calf every 12 months won't pen everytime these 3 things get you a oneway ticket to Jack in The Box

Anyone that doesnt want any of those Brangus-Limi cross females, drop me a line. We use em down on the coastline of Texas.

Anonymous":tvwrgtqv said:
Anyone that doesnt want any of those Brangus-Limi cross females, drop me a line. We use em down on the coastline of Texas.
Kinda hard to drop you a line without knowing who the line is to be dropped to. I reckon just send it to "Guest"

Latest posts