Limousin Blood Line,s

Help Support CattleToday:

rattler

Reaction score
What are some favotite blood lines of alltime in limousin cattle?
I think some of mine would have to be WRC Punch Goldenvieukrugrrand 250 K Wulfs foundation and DVFC Branding iron.Also like EXLR Red Dakot i Raised a grandson of his that turned out to be a fine bull.
Thank,s rattler

rattler":39hit11s said:
What are some favotite blood lines of alltime in limousin cattle?
I think some of mine would have to be WRC Punch Goldenvieukrugrrand 250 K Wulfs foundation and DVFC Branding iron.Also like EXLR Red Dakot i Raised a grandson of his that turned out to be a fine bull.
Thank,s rattler
Do you know Darryl Howard? Take care. :cboy:

It depends on which way your program is headed. Im using all Homozygous Black Limo bulls. I have a purebred operation and a commercial one too. There are alot of good old fullblood bulls for growth and maternal such as Krugerrand, Punch, Special K, TEXS Ranger Primo, Orion etc. I am using Homo Black ,Homo Polled bulls such as COLE First Down,JCL Lodestar, JCL Baxter, BGRT Proper Choice, EXLR Excellante, AUTO Dollar General and JCL Full Force just to name a few. EXLR Dakota and AUTO Black Dakota are very good purebred bulls also. Alot of good other red and black purebred bulls too. Too many to list on here. Many of these bulls or their sons would make a great commercial bull and improve alot of calf crops.

Circle H Ranch
http://www.chrlimousin.com

HillCreek I dont know Mr Howard but have heard of him.
Cattleman you named off a boat load of fine Bull,s their seemes like everyone seemes to be going to black here but i am and proubly will be partial to the red one,s just me.

rattler

Hey Rattler , what part of western NC , I go to that area sometimes. We are producers of Registered Limousin genetics here in Sampson Co. NC near Fayetteville. Did you know about the Limousin Breeders sale in Marshville, NC on Sept 30th .We would enjoy have you attend. you can email if you like at [email protected]

pb I live near the N.C./Tenn stateline and no i dident know about the sale I have through Fayetteville but its been a wile ago. thank,s for letting me know about the sale I appericate it.

rattler

Interesting replies to this post.

The Rambler and First Down cattle have had a tremendous impact on the breed.

Keeping in mind that the industry is finally headed toward a final-consumer-satisfaction mindset, I see Lodestar being a bull that goes down in history as helping take the breed into the mainstream market. His numbers just keep getting better! No, they aren't the prettiest cattle, but they perform.

I'll think of more later.

I agree that Lodestar will make his mark. On the color thing, I think that everybody is color blind to black. But one of our bulls is black, the customers want black.

I see Lodestar being a bull that goes down in history as helping take the breed into the mainstream market. His numbers just keep getting better! No, they aren't the prettiest cattle, but they perform.

I have a couple of pretty Lodestar heifers. One I think is outstanding. I have a little trouble posting pics on here. She can be seen at http://www.chrlimousin.com bulls/females page.

Circle H Ranch

I have a heifer out of Hunts High Liter , Lodestars Sire that i really like. I,am going to the Limousin sale next month an hope i can pick up a couple more.
The sale will be at Ozark AR. on Sept. 16.

Here ya go:

Jackpotjpeg016.jpg

Thank you, She sired by Lodestar out of a Cole Wulf Hunt female. I have a full sister and two full brothers that are ET calves. They are about 2-3 months old now. Have another one on the way confirmed due Oct.2nd and 5 more embryos in the tank that would be full siblings. She has awesome EPD`s BW 1.9 WW 54 YW 107 MA 20 SC 0.5 DOC 24 MARB 0.09. Howard Brothers in N.C. own half of her now. We are planning to flush her the first of Sept. to AUTO Dollar General and then breed her to either EXLR Excellante, JCL Baxter or LVLS Top Criteria if we dont change our mind. I have a few really good ones but she is the best I have raised at this point in time. Thanks again for your comments on her.

Circle H Ranch

Latest posts