Limousin and Igenity

Help Support CattleToday:

alexfarms

Reaction score
http://www.cattlenetwork.com/Content.as ... tID=269083

I ran accross this article on the cattle network. Are any of you Limousin breeders using the Igenity profile? What level of tenderness scores are you getting? I did complete profiles on 2 bulls and was pretty amazed at the categories they have expanded to, ie: calving ease, docility, stayability. Pretty amazing and judgeing from the results I got, the bulls scored relative to each other the way I would have suspected. In some ways it seemed more representative of the bulls than their epd comparison. The bulls I did got 7's on tenderness.

alexfarms":364xfofu said:
http://www.cattlenetwork.com/Content.asp?ContentID=269083

I ran accross this article on the cattle network. Are any of you Limousin breeders using the Igenity profile? What level of tenderness scores are you getting? I did complete profiles on 2 bulls and was pretty amazed at the categories they have expanded to, ie: calving ease, docility, stayability. Pretty amazing and judgeing from the results I got, the bulls scored relative to each other the way I would have suspected. In some ways it seemed more representative of the bulls than their epd comparison. The bulls I did got 7's on tenderness.

The bulls you are referring to, are they yours or someone else's?

They are 2 and 3 year old bulls that I own and have been using, home raised, so I know their background pretty well. It was the first time I had ever ordered a complete profile and it was surprising how they could make those predictions of performance from dna samples.

NALF has only partnered with Igenity for a short while now so I would assume you will see more Limousin breeders using them. I am pretty sure also that the color coat and/or the homo polled tests are a great deal less expensive that MMI so that would be a plus too. I am glad to see another option to use someone else. Thanks for posting this.

Circle H Ranch

Latest posts