Limosine

Help Support CattleToday:

i guess i should read from front to back rather than the other way around but ive always been a little backwards.

Limousin and Angus are NOTHING alike in any way.

since yall've been talkin about what was taught in college and stuff, i was taught that the optimum beef animal would be an Angus X Limousin cross (brangus cows would be ok to use in the south). i also learned that Gerts are crazy there, lol.

Brandonm2":3ukaaejc said:
Unless one is a multi multi millionaire and bored enough to buy 20 average cows from every one of the cattle 60++ breeds we have in this country, we have to rely on other people's information to a certain extent for information on those breeds we do not own.

Weak.

It is obvious you would have to study up to make any argument as you have no first hand knowledge and didn't quote any specific sources other than "people". "People" don't carry much weight.

There is a saying about believing none what you hear and and half what you see. I like to see it twice.

I try not to say anything I don't know for sure.

Come see me.

I never claimed it was a "fact". In fact I freely admitted that I have never actually OWNED a Limo bull, thus have never tested the theory; but if somebody wants me to list criticisms of the cattle that is certainly one I have heard. I have also "heard" that they yield really well. I have never butchered a Limo and have never sold any Limos on the rail but I believe the people that TELL me that Limos yield well..l

Brandonm2":23cdg76t said:
I never claimed it was a "fact".

You could give Clinton a run for his money.

I can't believe your still posting on this.

Come see me ... I'll feed you.

Brandonm2":15xcp85w said:
I I have also "heard" that they yield really well. I have never butchered a Limo and have never sold any Limos on the rail but I believe the people that TELL me that Limos yield well..l

Write that next time you feel froggy to post the other and we will be fine.

Cattleman200":2x03kiop said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I learned alot from those comments. Thanks. I'm no expert but I have heard from more than one experienced person that Limis TEND to have more attitude problem than some other breeds like herfs and angus. Not trying to bash a breed here! Any comments from experienced Limi owners, or maybe someone whose handled them a bunch at a feedlot?

Ive been raising Limousin Cattle for the past 16 years. Its all I do for a living now along with a commercial herd used as recips and covered with Limousin bulls. I have handled thousands of Limousin cattle. If Limousin were one tenth as bad as some say on here I would have been out of this business many years ago. Yes its true that we have a docility EPD because of cattle from several years ago that were older bloodlines that came here from France. We get bashed for having a docility EPD from time to time today. Personally I think its a tool that several other breeds could improve their cattle with. Im not saying they are all perfect. Im saying that you will have good and bad cattle in EVERY breed. Ive seen it first hand.

Circle H Ranch
http://www.chrlimousin.com

I like your website. Nice job!

Wewild":2v2eiuvt said:
Brandonm2":2v2eiuvt said:
I I have also "heard" that they yield really well. I have never butchered a Limo and have never sold any Limos on the rail but I believe the people that TELL me that Limos yield well..l

I believe that I did write:
"Typically straight Limousin calves are meatier and yield more retail product than typical straight Angus."

Brandonm2":2j1095sw said:
Wewild":2j1095sw said:
Brandonm2":2j1095sw said:

I believe that I did write:
"Typically straight Limousin calves are meatier and yield more retail product than typical straight Angus."

I didn't repond to "straight" as that is not what we've been talking about. And that not what was quoted by me.

Come see me.

Ive been raising Limousin Cattle for the past 16 years. Its all I do for a living now along with a commercial herd used as recips and covered with Limousin bulls. I have handled thousands of Limousin cattle. If Limousin were one tenth as bad as some say on here I would have been out of this business many years ago. Yes its true that we have a docility EPD because of cattle from several years ago that were older bloodlines that came here from France. We get bashed for having a docility EPD from time to time today. Personally I think its a tool that several other breeds could improve their cattle with. Im not saying they are all perfect. Im saying that you will have good and bad cattle in EVERY breed. Ive seen it first hand.

Nicely said. :lol:
People are always telling me that they "heard" Limousin were nuts. Well, in the past, we had some crazy Herefords and there were the Angus cows that wouldn't stay in the fence but I don't assume that all Herefords are crazy and all Angus are hard on fences.
Our Limousin are the best cows, heifers, steers and bulls we've ever owned. I can walk out with my cows in the pasture and they just continue on doing what they were doing. But most importantly they do well on the rail.

Nicely said.
People are always telling me that they "heard" Limousin were nuts. Well, in the past, we had some crazy Herefords and there were the Angus cows that wouldn't stay in the fence but I don't assume that all Herefords are crazy and all Angus are hard on fences.
Our Limousin are the best cows, heifers, steers and bulls we've ever owned. I can walk out with my cows in the pasture and they just continue on doing what they were doing. But most importantly they do well on the rail.

Thank you got_cows. I appreciate your post.

Circle H Ranch
http://www.chrlimousin.com

I am not a Limmi seedstock producer, but I have used Limiousin bulls for the last 20 years. Some of the older bloodlines were a might high strung, of course many of the animals at that time were from a very small gene pool.
Limmi's were used as draft animals in France, and while the french can be a bit weird at times I dont think Limmi's would have been the breed of choice if they were nutty. My only worry is that I see some of these older bloodlines being used again along with a few of the newer lines and they dont rate very high on the docile scale or worse they are negative numbers..... I only hope the Limousin breeders will not shoot themselves in the foot again