limo bull or angus bull

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
making a choice between a red angus or a red limo bull. both proven 3 yr olds of equal quality and character. equal money

which one yall think is a better chioce for braford cows. ive also got a few angus hiefers. theyre still too young though. at least a yr out.

had a limo bull runnng with the brafords and got awesome calfs but he came up lame and had a bad hobby of knockin down my fences. never ran off though.. just dug em til they fell over.

whats your thoughts on each as a breeder

If you need muscle in your calf crop, the red Lim is the way too go. If you are looking too keep replacement heifers, I would go with the Red Angus. Now since you seem too have this narrowed down too two bulls already, I could easily reverse my view if I actually saw them based on their own merits.

not being an expert although ive been lucky enough so far to do right...id say they are of equal merit. ive been told the more rear the better for marketing but theers always that ''angus'' thing throwing off reality.

houstoncutter":2tw9cc2c said:
Muscle sells in any market, is this bull to be a terminal sire

he will be my herd bull. no breeding back or anything. sell off all the calfs or butche em.

decisions... decisions...maybe i could post a poll??

diesel what is the BW on the lim bull?We ran a fullblood limi a few year's back he threw some fine calfe's.
rattler

dieselbeef":ll64aqm0 said:
houstoncutter":ll64aqm0 said:
Muscle sells in any market, is this bull to be a terminal sire

he will be my herd bull. no breeding back or anything. sell off all the calfs or butche em.

decisions... decisions...maybe i could post a poll??

Limi, all the way, hard to beat just an average Limi bull if your using him as a terminal sire

Without actually seeing your COW herd, I would recommend the Limousin, assuming that the two bull's phenotype's are congruent. Whichever bull will improve your cow's TERMINAL production quality would be the way to go. If you would consider retaining heifers from THIS breeding, I would consider the Red Angus. THEN, when breeding the retained heifers, use a low BW Angus, and the SECOND calving year go to the Limousin.

Continued improvement of either Terminal or Replacements should be the goal in every breeding plan.

DOC HARRIS

You can't go wrong with the Limousin. Even the replacements I would keep. With Lims, you will get more muscle, and they will convert feed better. Good luck.

went to see this highly spoken of limo...not interested. sway bac..high tail..tapered back to the hips real bad. and had horns.

seen the angus and though i would rather the limo the angus is gonna be my boy. hes a good deal from a friend so itll hafta do for now anyways

preciate the input as ill still be searching for a decent limo bull cuz like yall said...i think the calfs are better as well

as far as black or ed its about the same...its florida and they aint too picky.

After having ran both breeds of bulls, my choice would depend on my plans for the calves. Limousine for a terminal cross, Red Angus for a breeding cross.

Latest posts