Liming prices

Help Support CattleToday:

i'm curious - how is lime not organic - (serious answers please)
don't they have a limestone grinder that takes rock and busts it up and then they deliver it to my field????

mdmdogs3":1b4pt38o said:
i'm curious - how is lime not organic - (serious answers please)
don't they have a limestone grinder that takes rock and busts it up and then they deliver it to my field????
I dont remember anyone saying that lime is not organic? I did say that I dont use it, because it is not needed. (with my organic program). So then why use it?

ok - now I understand - I couldn't imagine that lime was anything but organic -

so now tell me some of the steps that you have done to maintain your fields without the need for amendments like lime - (I'm just trying to learn) :)

mdmdogs3":23z7me3h said:
ok - now I understand - I couldn't imagine that lime was anything but organic -

so now tell me some of the steps that you have done to maintain your fields without the need for amendments like lime - (I'm just trying to learn) :)

I sure would like to but if I do that on the board, I get pelted with rocks and bottles and they run me out of town!
Anyone that would like more information about the Organic Program can click on the www button on the bottom of my message and can read all about it and contact me from there. I return all e-mails and phone calls and try to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your interest!
Brad

p.s. See folks I am learning not to advertise on here............

Ranchcop":379rnn9r said:
I dont remember anyone saying that lime is not organic? I did say that I dont use it, because it is not needed. (with my organic program). So then why use it?

the thing here is you still use somthing. you might not use lime but you use something. you might use ammionia nitrate but you use a nitrogen of some sort. you add minarials of some sort or how. you have your material that you like to use i have mine. a plus on your side is you sell the product you use so if you have any busness sense you can work it around where it cost you very little. where as i can work mine is just a discount.

BC":2b9qn0aj said:
Why would you buy lime by the sack when you need it by the ton?

i dont know why would you? i think most that buy it from walmart just use it in a small garden or flower bed.

Crowderfarms , i'm all with killing the foren trade. but i see the same brands at the grociery stores and department stores etc,etc. its just not wal-mart thats carrying overseas products. i hate for 1 penny to leave this great country.

TheLazyM":1sg7romt said:
BC":1sg7romt said:
Why would you buy lime by the sack when you need it by the ton?

i dont know why would you? i think most that buy it from walmart just use it in a small garden or flower bed.

Crowderfarms , i'm all with killing the foren trade. but i see the same brands at the grociery stores and department stores etc,etc. its just not wal-mart thats carrying overseas products. i hate for 1 penny to leave this great country.
The Lime sold at Feed stores, discount stores and Wal-mart is pelletized Lime. We sell a lot of it for gardens and yards.I've resigned to the fact that we cant do much of anything to stop foreign trade. I think it will all boil down to a New World Order.We're a Democracy, China is a Communist Country. We support them everyday by accepting and retailing their products. Go figure.

Crowderfarms":3fxqre1u said:
We're a Democracy, China is a Communist Country. We support them everyday by accepting and retailing their products. Go figure.

I cant figure it out. it makes my head hurt just thinking about it. i think for a start we have to decide which stores to shut down. then force the ones we let stay open not to sell any product that was'nt built with american hands inside of america.
to sum up this thread lime price at wal-mart is $3.63 per 40#bg today.

Latest posts