Limi Longevity

Help Support CattleToday:

bishopcattleco":1mei68dq said:
:lol2: :lol2: Yep-- and up here where they have to hustle for their grub I don't think I've ever saw an "old Limi"-- most get culled young for coming in open or bred late...Then the ones I had that stuck around for a couple years- would stand behind the wind break and shiver half the winter, while all the old angus and herefords were out grazing.....
this makes no sense .you guys telling red bull his cattle are goofy just shows everyone what childish dipshits you are.I have been through the same thing red bull.I have tigerstripe cattle.therefore they are crazy from what everyone on these boards tells me. :roll:[/quote]

I personally was just messin with RBB. But I will tell you this with no reservations I owned ONE 2 yr old Limo bull for 4 days. He seriously tried to kill me on the 3rd day.

HE DID NOT GET A SECOND CHANCE!!!!!!!! For what it's worth he was black.

Its ok Bishop me and 3way called a truce long ago and just poke fun at one another. If you read what he wrote you no he is full of it. Limi's didn't get here till late 1969 and 1970 and still quite a few of them to be found way north.

Oldtimer":inloc12i said:
Yep-- and up here where they have to hustle for their grub I don't think I've ever saw an "old Limi"-- most get culled young for coming in open or bred late...Then the ones I had that stuck around for a couple years- would stand behind the wind break and shiver half the winter, while all the old angus and herefords were out grazing.....

I know my herefords have a better hair coat than my angus. Are you saying the Limi have a poorer hair coat than angus?

Were you running straight Limi or Limflex?

bishopcattleco":391g5s2c said:
:lol2: :lol2: Yep-- and up here where they have to hustle for their grub I don't think I've ever saw an "old Limi"-- most get culled young for coming in open or bred late...Then the ones I had that stuck around for a couple years- would stand behind the wind break and shiver half the winter, while all the old angus and herefords were out grazing.....
this makes no sense .you guys telling red bull his cattle are goofy just shows everyone what childish dipshits you are.I have been through the same thing red bull.I have tigerstripe cattle.therefore they are crazy from what everyone on these boards tells me. :roll:[/quote] I dont think bra/herf F1's are crazy- '''i use to raise them""" but they are not hands on cattle. you just put em to work.. their like mexicans,, show me what you want done and get the heL% outa my way :cowboy:

Found the check book and went to the registered Limi dispersal. The owner did not have much for facilites and culled hard for disposition. His pet Lims were calmer than the average Angus. They ran pairs into the ring and then sold them individually.

Looks like we are moving away from low birth weight Angus bulls and making a lot of baldy flex calves. I will be a little nervous at calving time. :) Ended up with:
- Two half brother bull battery out of QRCC Kojac. Lots of muscle and very very calm. One won't get up till you walk up to him and tap him with a boot.
-The nicest remaining foundation cow. She is out of the Coleman herd in Montana. Ten years old and sound.
-Two bred heifers. They were not part of the original plan but I liked them more than the other bidders...

Cows went pretty high for this country averaging about $1400, while bred heifers were about $200 less. Age didn't seem to effect price so young cows were probably the best deal. Reds sold a little higher than blacks.

Lots of buyers at this sale were working towards Limi flex calves. Any advantage, outside of perhaps color, on Limi x angus vs. Limi x hereford?

The limflex is just another composite like the Balancers and sim angus crosses. I have been told by a couple of different hereford breeders that the best commerical cows they ever had were limi hereford crosses, have seen some limi hereford cross calves that looked good to me.

Stocker Steve":7wjz855x said:
Lots of buyers at this sale were working towards Limi flex calves. Any advantage, outside of perhaps color, on Limi x angus vs. Limi x hereford?

No, not that I can think of. Maybe if you like to spook cattle, then I guess the limi x angus are easier too spook than the hereford cross! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Stocker Steve, I have some pics of my limflex calves that I posted on here last year and also a limflex bull, not sure if you seen them or not, they are a little thicker on the back end, also see a better yeild grade than 4s. Not sure about the other comments about standing in the pasture shivering or all butts and no nuts, mine as a yearling bull had a sc of 43. As far as spooked cattle maybe its Halloween over in sweden but then again who cares whats going on over there.

It was my intention to be funny, sorry it was not well taken. :(
In my experience herefords are calmer than angus, if you care or not.
And there is no such thing as your halloween in my country, just a quiet evening in church, to remember the dead, when our priest reads the names of those that passed away the last year. We also put lights on our family graves.