Limi Dog

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
I have the strangest Limi dog.....I mean steer. I bought this animal when he was about 3 months old (sale barn special) and he was as wild as a buck deer. I brought him home and put him in a separate pen to make sure he was healthy. He wasn't. He had a bad case of shipping cough. I finally hemmed him up and gave him a shot of Mycotil and in 3 days all was well. Over the last few months (he is about 9 months old now) I have tried to tame him up enough to handle him. Well he has taken to being tame like a duck to water. He follows me around like a dog. He puts his head in my lap for an ear scratching every time I sit down anywhere. He is now in a small pasture with 4 other calves and he has established that he is boss over them. If I go out and do not pay attention to him he stands by the fence and bawls until I am out of sight or I pet him. I bought him to resell this summer but that may be difficult now that he is my dog. Has anyone ever seen a Limi act like this? This thing thinks that we are best pals. He loves Ritz crackers and will search my pockets with his tongue for any. My other calves get as much attention by the whole family but none have attached themselves as he has.

That sucks Hoss. i sure hope you dont get hurt. Mom went for a walk one day and i saw the limousin bottle calf she raised following her. hes about 600lbs now. i'm going to have to send him to town soon. making pets out of cows is about as good an idea as is feeding alligators.

You're right Beefy. This is not a habit I normally make. I am a sucker for red cows....what can I say. This calf grew on me. He is a quick study so I guess I will have to teach him to not get so close.

I have a limi steer that does that! He's very friendly & he'll Moo after me & watch me til I leave the barn. He was never really wild or crazy though, he's always been pretty calm. I've taken naps on him at shows.

Latest posts