Limi Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

houstoncutter

Reaction score
I have 5 pics on the Photo Gallery , cant seem to get em over here. These bulls are just coming in off cows so have fun tearing em up. The Colorado 150 son is 20 months old, the black bull is a Fortune Cookie son 22 months old, the final red bull is 24 months old as is out of Dauphin. The two red bulls are old style Limis. So tear into em. If someone wants to get em posted over here to the breeds board I would really appreciate it. Pics are listed under Houstoncutter

100_2820.JPG

100_2823.JPG

100_2838.JPG

100_2825.JPG

100_2844.JPG

Looks good to me! Even at 20-22 months old, they will still put on more muscle. Mine took about 36 months before he looked all filled out. But then again, I am partial to the Limis anyway..

Thanks for getting those bulls pics up Beefy...Lol..I would say I will put up the pics 3 months from now when they fill out, but me an this puter stuff just aint quite agreeing. Think the 150 son is going to be a monster. He seems to be getting thicker each day, hopefully he doesnt get much more frame

Thanks for getting those bulls pics up Beefy...Lol..I would say I will put up the pics 3 months from now when they fill out, but me an this puter stuff just aint quite agreeing. Think the 150 son is going to be a monster. He seems to be getting thicker each day, hopefully he doesnt get much more frame

cowboyup216":17opjelh said:
They look good conformation wise but two things I can fault them on. The main being they are LIMIS which I dislike very much. Secondly, all were red except one.
I noticed that too.. they were all red except the black one which was black ;-)

ALACOWMAN":1qlgjwdc said:
cowboyup216":1qlgjwdc said:
They look good conformation wise but two things I can fault them on. The main being they are LIMIS which I dislike very much. Secondly, all were red except one.

:lol:

ALACOWMAN":6c2p2jko said:
cowboyup216":6c2p2jko said:

Well,lol, you got me their. That black runt of the litter is my heifer bull, and danged if he didnt cost more than the others. The 77 bull, blue eartag is my pick, but at a Limi Association sale. The seller couldnt even get a bid, too old school.....His loss my gain...

Hey cutter don't see anything wrong at all with your boy's.Stout looking bulls good looking head's fine hind querter's good top line's IMO you done good.Are either of the red's a full blood?

rattler

rattler":iazk1niu said:
Hey cutter don't see anything wrong at all with your boy's.Stout looking bulls good looking head's fine hind querter's good top line's IMO you done good.Are either of the red's a full blood?

rattler

Both bulls are fullbloods, the 77 bull is out of Colorado 150 a old Canadian bull and the other bull is out of Dauphin, full french fullblood. I like those full french bloodlines when I can find em

cutter i like the fullblood's also had one a couple year's ago.His blood line had krugerrand250k special k 274b a good fullblood bull is hard to beat.Thank's

rattler

They look pretty good. Nice and thick. The only fault I see is spring of rib. They look a little flat sided. Could be the pics, not sure. Just look like they would have a hard time on grass, especially in the southeast were spring of rib is so important.

phillse":1hr7c833 said:
They look pretty good. Nice and thick. The only fault I see is spring of rib. They look a little flat sided. Could be the pics, not sure. Just look like they would have a hard time on grass, especially in the southeast were spring of rib is so important.

Phillse you got me curious to what you mean. These bulls are still growing, if your refering to more of a barrel chest, I think they will get there as they mature. If you mean something else could you post a pic of a young bull that would give me an idea of what you mean. Thanks.

rattler":3llzk07q said:
cutter i like the fullblood's also had one a couple year's ago.His blood line had krugerrand250k special k 274b a good fullblood bull is hard to beat.Thank's

rattler

Those Krugerrand and Special K's are well though off by many Limi breeders. They throw some excellant daughters so I have been told by many Limi seedstock breeders. Just curious do you still have the bull and if not, why was your reason for replacing him

Spring of rib, in other words gut. The widest part of the animal should be the middle, the ribs or gut. Sorry but I do'nt have a real good pic to illustrate the point. If you want to look at an older bull that illustrates the point look at BOld Cat a Simmi bull. Ton of gut ton of but just too big of calves, I don't use him but he illustrates spring of rib nicely. He is a bull carried by ABS.

houstoncutter":i8mhrytz said:
I have 5 pics on the Photo Gallery , cant seem to get em over here. These bulls are just coming in off cows so have fun tearing em up. The Colorado 150 son is 20 months old, the black bull is a Fortune Cookie son 22 months old, the final red bull is 24 months old as is out of Dauphin. The two red bulls are old style Limis. So tear into em. If someone wants to get em posted over here to the breeds board I would really appreciate it. Pics are listed under Houstoncutter

You can work those bulls with almost any herd - nothing to be ashamed of here.

Bez>

cutter we dont have him any more had too get rid of him because broke tool.Vet who worked on him said it was the best thing to do.He threw some fine heifer's and son's.

rattler

Latest posts