Lime-price? where to buy?

Help Support CattleToday:

wgregory

Reaction score
I live in south Alabama and was curious if anyone nows how much lime cost in the area, and where to buy

Go to your local Southern States Co-op. I haven't bought any in the last couple of years but in Tennessee(different Co-op's than yours), it was running $20-25 a ton delivered and spread with a minimum of ten tons purchased.

I know this is an old thread but fwiw if you have the right kind of rock in your area buying it from a rock quarrey would be the cheapest imho. Check around. One local quarry wanted $7.05 a ton plus the haul bill to have it delivered. I got 200 ton for $6.00 a ton delivered from another quarry.

Wow, those prices sound real good to me. The Co-Op quoted me 40.00 dollars a ton delivered not spread, you have to rent the spreader for 100.00 dollars a day. I think we are taking it in the shorts here in Arkansas! :mad:

rustyjeep":1xv4aebk said:
Wow, those prices sound real good to me. The Co-Op quoted me 40.00 dollars a ton delivered not spread, you have to rent the spreader for 100.00 dollars a day. I think we are taking it in the shorts here in Arkansas! :mad:
Our local cattlemans association has a lime spreader they rent out for $80 a day. One of the adjoining counties' association rents theirs for $20 a day. I work with a guy from over there so he is renting it and bringing it to me since he practically drives past our place on his way each day.

Latest posts