lim-flex bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

you will be very satisified with a limflex bull , they have become very popular across the country , they offer a little more thickness than the balancer , and better calving ease that the sim angus usually may offer in my opinion

polledbull":2383glnz said:
you will be very satisified with a limflex bull , they have become very popular across the country , they offer a little more thickness than the balancer , and better calving ease that the sim angus usually may offer in my opinion

you might want to search through some of Hoss's posts before making this statement. there are plenty of limflex around me and they are no "thicker" than my Balancer calves.

Balancers are like anything else they reflect their ingredients. I have seen some real good limflex and some that should have been shot at birth.

- I purchased 2 limi flex heifers at a dispersal. Both looked great, one was great, and one was a cull.
- I bred some using a Wulf bloodline bull and kept a bunch of "limi flex" heifers which have some variation. This spring I culled about 20% for too much attitude (not nutty but they would hang back and watch you) and another 20% for being too framy (for easy keeping replacements). I know Kersie does not approve, but the best of the rest are google eyed Herf x Limi crosses that I AIed to calving ease BA.
- So in my experience 50% are above average, winter OK, and make good breeding stock. Variation is the issue for replacements.

I dont need to search through comments , I have raised my share of them here at my place , i have been breeding limis for 20 years and flex since it started , and there are some that should have been shot , but they had a dam as well that probably needed shooting too. I just think he would be well satisfied with a flex bull from a good mating

polledbull":2ia2zb3h said:
I dont need to search through comments , I have raised my share of them here at my place , i have been breeding limis for 20 years and flex since it started , and there are some that should have been shot , but they had a dam as well that probably needed shooting too. I just think he would be well satisfied with a flex bull from a good mating

That was my point! Nothing against Lims or flex. Just don't think they are inherently thicker than balancers............Randy :hide:

Stocker Steve":1fp4xc66 said:
- I purchased 2 limi flex heifers at a dispersal. Both looked great, one was great, and one was a cull.
- I bred some using a Wulf bloodline bull and kept a bunch of "limi flex" heifers which have some variation. This spring I culled about 20% for too much attitude (not nutty but they would hang back and watch you) and another 20% for being too framy (for easy keeping replacements). I know Kersie does not approve, but the best of the rest are google eyed Herf x Limi crosses that I AIed to calving ease BA.
- So in my experience 50% are above average, winter OK, and make good breeding stock. Variation is the issue for replacements.

Why wouldn't I approve? If it was meant for me?

As long as crossbreeding has a goal and a purpose, I'm its biggest fan. It's planless mongrelization that I don't care for.

3waycross":377gclfe said:
polledbull":377gclfe said:

That was my point! Nothing against Lims or flex. Just don't think they are inherently thicker than balancers............Randy :hide:
I completely agree with 3waycross. It seems that most balancers are more thicker than most limoflex.

tarus , with all due repsect , the Limis are typically a little thicker than most gelbviehs . I have seen some powerfully thick lim flex bulls , and i own a SITZ Upward 307R Flex bull that is almost as thick as a straight breed limi.

Latest posts